AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need advice regarding best practices for re-launching my website after a WordPress makeover.The new website will remain with the current hosting company and I am planning to use the existing domain name and page URLs for the new pages. Are there any specific things that I should look out for or put in place before, or as we bring the new pages on-line, and, do we need to submit the new pages to Google for a re-crawl of the website (if so how do we do that)?. Thanks for any advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob W,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Though, your question is bit off topic for this community, yet I would like to give you a few suggestions. 

• If you have happened to change your web page URLs in the revamp process, use 301 redirect for old URLs to the new URLs
  • Check your XML sitemap and update it as per the new website
  • Check all your tracking codes viz. Google Analytics, Advwords Conversion/Remarketing etc. Make sure you have them installed on the new website as well. 
  • If you used Meta Verification for Google Search Console Account, make sure your Meta is present with the new website as well
  • Now, create some buzz for your new website on Social Media websites
  • Your new pages should be indexed in Google by automatically. But if it delays, get ahead to Fetch As Googlebot in the Search Console interface and submit them for index
  • Submit your new sitemap as well to Google

All should be fine thereafter. 

If you have more questions on it, you can post your question in Google Webmaster forum.  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha