AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need advice regarding best practices for re-launching my website after a WordPress makeover.The new website will remain with the current hosting company and I am planning to use the existing domain name and page URLs for the new pages. Are there any specific things that I should look out for or put in place before, or as we bring the new pages on-line, and, do we need to submit the new pages to Google for a re-crawl of the website (if so how do we do that)?. Thanks for any advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob W,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Though, your question is bit off topic for this community, yet I would like to give you a few suggestions. 

• If you have happened to change your web page URLs in the revamp process, use 301 redirect for old URLs to the new URLs
  • Check your XML sitemap and update it as per the new website
  • Check all your tracking codes viz. Google Analytics, Advwords Conversion/Remarketing etc. Make sure you have them installed on the new website as well. 
  • If you used Meta Verification for Google Search Console Account, make sure your Meta is present with the new website as well
  • Now, create some buzz for your new website on Social Media websites
  • Your new pages should be indexed in Google by automatically. But if it delays, get ahead to Fetch As Googlebot in the Search Console interface and submit them for index
  • Submit your new sitemap as well to Google

All should be fine thereafter. 

If you have more questions on it, you can post your question in Google Webmaster forum.  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob W,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Though, your question is bit off topic for this community, yet I would like to give you a few suggestions. 

• If you have happened to change your web page URLs in the revamp process, use 301 redirect for old URLs to the new URLs
  • Check your XML sitemap and update it as per the new website
  • Check all your tracking codes viz. Google Analytics, Advwords Conversion/Remarketing etc. Make sure you have them installed on the new website as well. 
  • If you used Meta Verification for Google Search Console Account, make sure your Meta is present with the new website as well
  • Now, create some buzz for your new website on Social Media websites
  • Your new pages should be indexed in Google by automatically. But if it delays, get ahead to Fetch As Googlebot in the Search Console interface and submit them for index
  • Submit your new sitemap as well to Google

All should be fine thereafter. 

If you have more questions on it, you can post your question in Google Webmaster forum.  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.