Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.
Need advice regarding best practices for re-launching my website after a WordPress makeover.The new website will remain with the current hosting company and I am planning to use the existing domain name and page URLs for the new pages. Are there any specific things that I should look out for or put in place before, or as we bring the new pages on-line, and, do we need to submit the new pages to Google for a re-crawl of the website (if so how do we do that)?. Thanks for any advice.
Re: Re-launching a website after converting it from HTML to WordPress.
Hi @Rob W,
Welcome to AdWords Community.
Though, your question is bit off topic for this community, yet I would like to give you a few suggestions.
- If you have happened to change your web page URLs in the revamp process, use 301 redirect for old URLs to the new URLs
- Check your XML sitemap and update it as per the new website
- Check all your tracking codes viz. Google Analytics, Advwords Conversion/Remarketing etc. Make sure you have them installed on the new website as well.
- If you used Meta Verification for Google Search Console Account, make sure your Meta is present with the new website as well
- Now, create some buzz for your new website on Social Media websites
- Your new pages should be indexed in Google by automatically. But if it delays, get ahead to Fetch As Googlebot in the Search Console interface and submit them for index
- Submit your new sitemap as well to Google
All should be fine thereafter.
If you have more questions on it, you can post your question in Google Webmaster forum. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters
All the best!