1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Woke up one morning to find quality scores low as 2, 3

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

And as far as being blacklisted: All of the other ad groups are behaving as they normally do, so one would think (or at least, I would!) that if there was a systemic problem like that, it would affect everything across the board, don't you agree?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All your ad-groups have the same destination URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Oh, no, no, sorry if I wasn't clear: of course not. But they are located on the same domain. We're an ecommerce store. If our domain was blacklisted, I would expect all deep links within the domain to be blacklisted as well.

Thanks again for all of your time and assistance.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are right about that!

Another question : (I might have another idea) : Do you have the same keywords with different mach type, in other ad-groups? (i.e keywords within the same campaign, but in different ad-groups, competing among themselves?)

Have you made any changes to the content of the landing page?

I will ask some other Top Contributors to "jump in", and come with suggestions...

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

After Google (hopefully) resolves this for us, I'll come back here to share the outcome.

Thanks so much again for the concern and suggestions.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OOPS; Lines from my last answer deleted after editing:

Here is my last post in full:

You are right about that!

Another question : (I might have another idea) : Do you have the same keywords with different mach type, in other ad-groups? (i.e keywords within the same campaign, but in different ad-groups, competing among themselves?)

Have you made any changes to the content of the landing page?

I will ask some other Top Contributors to "jump in", and come with suggestions...

-Moshe

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No changes have been made to the content of the landing pages.

For the most part, this ad group has no duplicate keywords, even across other ad groups, and there are certainly no duplicates of the highest converting keywords. There are, however, some duplicate keywords in an ad group that is paused. They would only account for 71 of the 800 affected keywords in this ad group. However, just to be absolutely safe, I am going to delete those 71 keywords entirely from the paused ad group.

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you manage to use the keyword tool for your landing page ?

And did it give you the expected keywords / theme ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One of the landing pages (which is a store subcategory) returned zero results! That's why I had originally thought I wasn't using the URL input tool right. Maybe this tells us something, but I have no idea what that might be, since everything worked until just recently.

I just did the same search for the broader store category and it returned only 123 keywords, nearly all of them NOT directly our product, but they are keywords which bring in conversions all the same (i.e. somebody is searching to rent the product; they find it on our site for purchase at a lower price, and choose to buy it from us instead of continuing on to a rental company. Nearly all of the 123 that came up have the word rental in them, and we don't rent, but "rental" keyword searches do convert for us.) That said, people seeking rentals are auxiliary sources of business, not primary ones.

None of this addresses the fact that many of this "dinged" keywords have previously enjoyed healthy CTRs and ample conversions...

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Are the KW terms in question the exact match SQ terms that have historically generated the most revenue for your account? What is the average CPC, and the historical QS for those exact match SQ terms?

Knowing what those terms are will help you be able to determine which campaigns/adgroups triggered which ads to show when, for what exact SQ terms, and what's actually happening now.

Maybe the broad match KW that used to win the majority of the auctions for the underlying SQ term, now doesn't have a high enough adrank, given the cmbination of SQ term and ad. Perhaps another adgroup with anouther broad match KW and another ad is winning the auction for top converting underlying SQ terms. If that is the case, you have to know which KW/ad/adgroup is actually the best value. 

Tom