AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re, Quality Score & Location

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hii, 

Community Member,

I am running a campaign different Country, According to country, I am making a different campaign, 

First Campaign make for australia, Thats quality score around 7-9, but location uk  on another campaign add copy 

are same keywords are same,but quality score are 3. on another campaign quality score are not more than 3.and keywords are on Broad match, in each campaign.

Then what i do to improve keywords quality score.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Re, Quality Score & Location

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I would stress on my point again, which Moshe also pointed that initial quality score is dependent on how other advertiser's have used them in the past because Google doesn't have data about how you are doing with those keywords. So there has to be some benchmark for them to decide it.

I would stick to the basics here and group the keywords in tightly created theme based ad groups and would make sure to improve on the CTR so that Google considers increasing QS in near future.

Hope that clarifies!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

@sumanppc wrote:

Hii, 

Community Member,

I am running a campaign different Country, According to country, I am making a different campaign, 

First Campaign make for australia, Thats quality score around 7-9, but location uk  on another campaign add copy 

are same keywords are same,but quality score are 3. on another campaign quality score are not more than 3.and keywords are on Broad match, in each campaign.

Then what i do to improve keywords quality score.

When you create a new campaign, your initial quality score of your keywords is assigned based on how other advertisers have used those keywords in the past. So in your case, there might be a possibility that advertisers in the countries you mentioned might not have used these keywords effectively due to which your QS is also low.

I won't personally recommend running Broad match keywords in access because it would attract a lot of irrelevant traffic for you. It's better you to work around phrase, exact and broad modifiers for more relevant traffic. Track out negative keywords using Search Terms Report and include them at ad group and campaign level to keep relevant traffic coming to your website.

In order to improve on Quality Score, you need to first get your CTR to be in shape. Make sure that you keep it excellent so that down the line in future, Google looks at it positively and you might start seeing improvement in your QS. But it is a gradual and slow process which will take time.

Keep optimizing regularly and hopefully you might see improvements in near future.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HII,

Pankaj 1782,

Thanks for your reply, If I am changing keywords match quality score going down its 2.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello sumanppc;

In general, QS is not location dependent, but specific to your campaign. (By "location", I mean, geographic location, not to be confused with language targeting).

My assumption is that you added a NEW campaign, after running the Australian one. When adding a new keyword, until it gains 1000 impressions, the QS you are given is other advertisers QS for a specific keyword (based on the exact match type).

After 1000 impressions, the QS' value is based on your own campaign performance. (Mainly CTR.)

-Moshe

[Edited] Pankaj types faster ;you got the same answer from  a "different angle" Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I would stress on my point again, which Moshe also pointed that initial quality score is dependent on how other advertiser's have used them in the past because Google doesn't have data about how you are doing with those keywords. So there has to be some benchmark for them to decide it.

I would stick to the basics here and group the keywords in tightly created theme based ad groups and would make sure to improve on the CTR so that Google considers increasing QS in near future.

Hope that clarifies!

Pankaj