AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Display ads getting no impressions/clicks. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem for a particular ad in an ad group. All ads have been approved and running for a week now and I still don't get any impressions for this one ad.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If you're monitoring performance in a single Ad Group, the ad rotation setting you selected (on the Campaign Settings tab) has a big impact on that.

If, for instance, you selected the Optimize for clicks ad rotation setting, then right from the start the program will 'decide' which ad it thinks will perform better and that ad will be served most of the traffic.

I recommend that you start by checking that setting. If it's not set to Rotate evenly, you might want to try that setting.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Etienne,

How many ads do you have in that particular ad group? What kind of targeting have you used for this ad? Are you using only managed placements or you are running this on the auto placements? There could be different reasons for the same. I suggest you once again go back to your account and check for these things.

1) Placements
2) Keywords
3) Topics and Interests

Besides, are you focusing more on clicks or have you opted for flexible bid strategy? What is your rotation setting? I suggest you once again review all your targeting methods to find out the solution to this problem.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M