AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Auto Search/Display Upgrade set for Sept 16

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, forgive me in advance if this is a repeat question. I've searched the forum and what I found doesn't help me. I have a private practice and currently reply on AdWords to help with growth. I'm not a new advertiser but unfortunately for me, I'm not very adept with using AdWords either, I just do my best. This automatic search/display upgrade thing is freaking me out a bit and I'm not sure what I should do. From what I've found, it seems that my best option is to split my ad into two, one for the search only and the other for the display only networks. Is that the overall consensus?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would say: yes, break them into two, under the condition that you are familiar with setting a display campaign and familiar with the targeting methods on the display network;

You said that " I'm not a new advertiser, but unfortunately for me, I'm not very adept with using AdWords either," so it's not clear what is your level of knowledge with the display network.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

The most preferred two cases to uses "Search Network with Display Select":-

1- If your search campaign doesn't reach its budget so you would prefer upgrading to "Search Network with Display Select" to get more impressions and clicks by letting adwords showing your ads selectively on the display network.

2- If your are a new advertiser.

Other than this it's suggested to create separate campaigns for the search and display network.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would say: yes, break them into two, under the condition that you are familiar with setting a display campaign and familiar with the targeting methods on the display network;

You said that " I'm not a new advertiser, but unfortunately for me, I'm not very adept with using AdWords either," so it's not clear what is your level of knowledge with the display network.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your replies. I am familiar with the display network and the differences between it and the search network. Thinking that splitting may be my best option...I suppose I can change or create a new campaign and use the combined version if splitting doesn't work out for me.