AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ROAS and Bid Modifiers

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

When a campaign is using ROAS bidding, are bid modifiers within the campaign ignored?

Get late-breaking AdWords news and resources from my PPC Advertising Experts Twitter list. And join 10,000+ PPC professionals in my LinkedIn group PPC Pro People.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
September 2015

Re: ROAS and Bid Modifiers

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David

I am not 100% sure but since ROAS also use the same real-time bidding technology which is behind Target CPA and Enhanced CPC bidding which takes all the factors in consideration such as location, browser, time of day, operating system and others to adjust the bids, so i think bid multipliers for location and day parting will not work with ROAS.
But if you want to exclude mobile devices then -100% bid should be taken in to consideration.

Please refer to the post for more:
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/10/new-flexible-bid-strategy-and-webinar.html

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David

I am not 100% sure but since ROAS also use the same real-time bidding technology which is behind Target CPA and Enhanced CPC bidding which takes all the factors in consideration such as location, browser, time of day, operating system and others to adjust the bids, so i think bid multipliers for location and day parting will not work with ROAS.
But if you want to exclude mobile devices then -100% bid should be taken in to consideration.

Please refer to the post for more:
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/10/new-flexible-bid-strategy-and-webinar.html

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Abhishek!
Get late-breaking AdWords news and resources from my PPC Advertising Experts Twitter list. And join 10,000+ PPC professionals in my LinkedIn group PPC Pro People.