Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ROAS against the total conversion through the time

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to see ROAS amount through the time for a specific period? I would like to see which ROAS suit each campaign best, I was thinking It would be great if we can see the changes through the time against the total conversion for each campaign, to find the break even point.

Is there a way? Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ROAS against the total conversion through the time

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I know, Target ROAS flexible bid strategy is actually based on the conversion value per cost your account has accrued in the past. Also, when you set target ROAS, it would influence the target your account would receive so as to reach that particular value.

It's an automated bidding method where real time changes also occur during the ad auction which AdWords take care of its own based on various factors. It is advisable to first review your conversion value and then set Target ROAS, so as to achieve maximum from this particular methodology.

More details about it are mentioned here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nariman H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Nariman H I'm not sure I'm reading your question correctly.  Are you just looking for a way to report/visualise ROAS over time?  If so, you can do that simply by choosing the "Conv. value/cost" column in the graph of an Account or individual Campaign and you could plot this against Converted clicks.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot @Jon_Gritton for your answer. It was very helpful. However, I'm still a bit confused. Please look at the attached screenshot which is coming from one of my campaigns with these specifications: ROAS we started from 50 and currently it's 250, it's been 250 for at least 3 weeks.

adwords-forum2.png

My question is although the ROAS is 250, why the blue chart most of the times shows something near 0?

What would be the best action to take here considering that I'm tracking 3 conversions, for 2 of them(x and y) conversion value is 0 while it is 1 for the last one(conversion z). For more than a week, I had few number of z conversions how ever I'm getting so many of x and y conversions. 

Should I increase or decrease amount of ROAS to get more z conversions?

Thanks for you help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Nariman H the ROAS figures you're quoting, are these your actual ROAS or a target that you're setting?

It's hard to tell from the screenshot but it seems possible that very large peak is throwing the scale of the graph out so that smaller value conversions are hard to detect.

Jon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @Jon_Gritton , how can I differentiate between actual and Targeted ROAS? This is what I see in my account. it should show something like 250 as I set it to be ROAS250.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Nariman H what did you "set to be 250"?  Are you saying you set a flexible bidding strategy with a target ROAS of 250?

Jon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Jon_Gritton, yes, exactly.