AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

RMKT list based on GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, here I got another question needs your wisdom and help.

I am currently doing some smart pixel campaigns, now I want to add remarketing list targeting with Product View Time(view a product for over three times) and Time Onsite(spend over 5 min. on the website). Since my code is already smart pixel code, how can I build the above two lists? Apparently combination list doesn't help. Do you think I need to add new metrics on the smart pixel code?

Also, what's the difference between smart pixel remarketing VS GA based remarketing? Aren't they the same? I know that we could actually export remarketing list from GA accout. If yes, do any one of you know how can I set up the above two new remarketing lists on GA and export them to adwords?

Thanks a lot!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RMKT list based on GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phoebe,
Welcome to the community. Some great questions there. You are the first case I've seen that's actually ready to move to GA remarketing.

Before you do, a word of warning. If you are using classic GA, you can NOT upgrade to Universal Analytics if you enable remarketing. This is a VERY important consideration, so if you're using classic GA, make sure nobody in your organization is using those reports.

Now, the difference between remarketing with the smart pixel and remarketing using GA is that you can build lists based on segments in GA. In your case, this is exactly what you'll be doing. You can use ANY list that you create in GA to target with in AdWords. You don't have to export the GA remarketing lists, they're automatically available in AdWords when they're ready. Finally, please note that there are some additional limits to the number of cookies you need in a GA list (100) so if you've got a very low traffic site, you may need to consider this.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dave

Re: RMKT list based on GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your replay! I haven't upgraded to Universal Analytics, thanks for the alert.

Have you ever dealt with this GA remarketing list? I have set up segments in GA, as you said, they should automatically appear in my Adwords, but I didn't find them anywhere. My remarketing code is smart pixel code, should there be adjustment in code when applied to GA remarketing?

Also, if I apply to GA based remarketing, will there be changes in my original remarketing audiences?

Thanks a lot!