Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Goodmorning fellow advertisers,

I have just set up multiple RLSA campaigns with three audiences per ad group:

• All website visitors - bid modifier +30%
  • Booking module abandoners - bid modifier +75%
  • Brochure convertersbid modifier +100%

While I was checking my keyword bids for my RLSA campaigns I was wondering why I would choose for positive bid modifiers on audience level instead of bidding on keywords for a higher target average position. Bidding on keyword level would give me the opportunity to set more accurate bids based on my target ad rank than bidding with bid modifiers. The only downside I can think of bidding on keyword level instead of leveraging bid modifiers is that I won't be able to set higher bids for a more qualified remarketing list (such as booking module abandoners). 

I'm interested in your point of view of which method is the best? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Looking foward to your replies.

Kind regards,

Bob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RLSA - bid modifier on audience or keyword bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Not sure I fully understood the scenario, but generally speaking, with RLSA I would recommend a  manual bidding. Remember that RLSA targets users visted your site, hence you want to adjust the bid based on your other bids to achieve a conversion, yet be within the limits of your CPA.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Bob,

I will recommend to bid manually and optimize your bid according to Audience list Performance. Like

If any one Audience Performance is best compare than other 2 then you should increase the % through bid adjustment. This will help you.

If you set bid modifier from day one then might be you will loose the chance new potential user from your all visitors compare than absconders and already converter audience. Because you have set 75% & 100% bid on these 2 audience list. Then your all visitors audience list User will not get more ad appearance. I will recommend to optimize your bid manually according to the performance.

Thanks,
Anand

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

When you bid manually you target particular keywords but not audience directly, this is a good practice when you very clear about your keyword.

While, with RLSA recommended strategy is bid adjustments. Because with RLSA you want to target audience who visited your website without completing the desired action; In this scenario you exactly don't know which keywords is good but you have visitor list to target.

Regards..

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I  respectfully disagree with @Pushpendra 

In RLSA the audience is clearly defined. Users who visited the site and continue  to search about the topic.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Moshe,

Thanks for your opinion, may be I am wrong but still want to do some practical Smiley Happy

Regards