Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA adtext

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

I want to use Remarketing Lists Search for Ads. Now I wonder, how to address the users, who've been already in my shop, again (textual). I want to indicate that they already know the shop. On the other hand, I don't want to include the words "You will find this time" or something similar because they maybe would be surprised that I know they already visited my shop in the past. Do you use RLSA only for bidding or do you also use other texts as your standard texts?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RLSA adtext

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anja,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy
See, the purpose of running any Remarketing is to re-market the users again, with giving different messaging in the Ad Creatives. Here you can give some offer to the customers, use different Call to action, offer product recommendations.

Also it is good when you Run RLSA, you can set high bid on high converting keywords. So that the users who already visited on your website but did not convert, can see your new ads.

Do you use RLSA only for bidding or do you also use other texts as your standard texts?

Yes, Bid on the keywords with new text messaging and use product recommendations here.

Please read more about RLSA:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Anja;

The question that should be asked is whether you are re-targeting users who visited your site and convert or users who did not convert? If they convert, I would use the strategy of bidding  higher, and if they did not - well.. This depends whether there is a chance of users coming back.

Now, also remember that RLSA would not show for users logged in (signed into their Google account) - due to privacy. So, why not to go with the "classic" / legacy Remarketing?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You can use an audience targeting in a search ad group just to bid more for previous visitors by changing the targeting setting from the default "target and bid" to "bid" .This is the simple way of using search remarketing.

Also you can create a new campaign just for rlsa where all ad groups have the remarketing list as targeting with the setting "target and bid" this way the ads are seen only by the audience not by the general searchers and here you can use new text ads and even new broader keywords.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Anja,

Some great recommendations you have here and I would just like to add a few pointers here. To use RLSA, try and use only Broad matchtype keywords as that will increase the probability of your RLSA ads getting triggered.

Apart from this as rightly said by Rakesh, the purpose of a Remarketing campaign is to retarget users and entice them into making another purchase/complete a conversion on your website. For this purpose, you need to have ad copies that give the customer a good enough reason to click on your ad.

I recommend you create ad copies with some offers, sale or a package deal related messaging and make them as enticing as possible.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I would use broad match only if you are targeting  "residual" traffic, which is unlikely to convert, but might.
If you are targeting audience / users conducting research prior to buying use "exact match", and bid higher if you want to target / capture, these users who yet to convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’