2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA Bid only for an existing adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I create some re-marketing audiences and apply them to existing ad-groups and keep to "bid only" not "target and bid" and don't make any adjustments, am I correct in saying that this will have no effect on the ad-group (unless I make a bid adjustment)?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ttg-francis
September 2015

Re: RLSA Bid only for an existing adgroup

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi ttg-francis,

Yes, if these are search ad groups, and you make no other adjustments (i.e. increase bids, other keywords) for people on your remarketing list, then it shouldn't have an effect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexander,

Thanks very much. And would I also be correct in presuming that any automatic bidding would also not be impacted?

Thanks very much.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi ttg-francis,

Hmm... My thought is that automatic bidding shouldn't be affected, as it's purpose is to get you as many clicks as possible. If there is no difference in targeting/bidding methods for your remarketing list as compared to other searchers, then it probably shouldn't impact automatic bidding. Though, you could also say that someone on your remarketing list is potentially more likely to click on your ad, so I'm wondering if that could actually have an effect on the final automated bid amount.

On the other hand, if you're using conversion optimizer to bid based on CPA values, I would think that having a remarketing list added should affect the bidding in that scenario, since people on your remarketing list are theoretically more likely to convert.

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure on the definitive answer. Anyone else want to chime in?