Guide Me
star_border

Questions about Exclusions for DSA campaign

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

1) I wanted to use the URL exclusion for a DSA campaign. I can see that I can add 3 rules for "URL contains ="

but it is unclear if these 3 URL rules work with the OR (reunion function) / AND ( intersection function) ?

See screenshot : http://goo.gl/1t9hm0

2) If the URLs of the online store include brand names of products such as -bosch- , using a rule to exclude URL that contains =bosch, will work to exclude from DSA all products with product URL with bosch word or do I have to add each URL separately or an operator such as *bosch* ?

3) How many negative dynamic ad targets can I use per campaign ?

4) Is the URL exclusion case sensitive , meaning that if the url is /Bosch-Tools and I write in the rule "URL contains = /bosch-tools " then the rule will not exclude the URL ?

I didn't have much time to dig in the documentation, I apologize if the answers for these are straight in the help files.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Questions about Exclusions for DSA campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian

I tried adding it and it is showing "And" in between both the rules, so it should be "And" condition. I have never used it, so I am not 100% sure about the results.img1.jpg

Hope this make sense!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Hoping I can help out with your remaining questions. I agree with Abhishek, the capitalization doesn't matter.

On #2, you are correct, if you add the brand name it will exclude any URL with the brand name in it. As long as the brand name is in the product URL, it will be excluded.

To be honest, I don't know about #3, though.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian

I tried adding it and it is showing "And" in between both the rules, so it should be "And" condition. I have never used it, so I am not 100% sure about the results.img1.jpg

Hope this make sense!

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Good, thank you, so for each brand found in the URL I have to add a new line with a new rule to obtain the OR condition.

3 more questions to go to finish Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, I have not used this so I am not aware about the 2 & 3 question, for the 4 one, i think writing URLs in capital letters or small letters doesn't make any difference.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Hoping I can help out with your remaining questions. I agree with Abhishek, the capitalization doesn't matter.

On #2, you are correct, if you add the brand name it will exclude any URL with the brand name in it. As long as the brand name is in the product URL, it will be excluded.

To be honest, I don't know about #3, though.