AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding Search Term Query Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would appreciate an answer to the question with regards to the following image:

As you can see from the highlighted part, the keword "perth region stuff for sale musical instruments dj gear lighting" got 1 click. However the impression column shows 247 impressions were accrued on the Broad match criteria. 

So, does this means that the same keyword was entered 247 times and as as result it accrued so many impressions? I find it hard to belive that a keyword like "perth region stuff for sale musical instruments dj gear light" will be entered exactly so many times. 

Any help would be apprecitaed. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ppcfan
September 2015

Re: Question regarding Search Term Query Report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Most likely you are also targeting the Search Network, and that is not a keyword entered but rather a breadcrumb of the website on which the ad appears.

Such as this one: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-dj-gear-lighting/perth/dj+gear/k0c18612l3008303

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

I can think of only 1 reason why you this rather mysterious thing (agree that it isn´t reasonable there are so many impressions for search a narrow search query): 

this is stats from a category page at search partner (meaning people didn´t actively uses this search query, but looked at a page on a website which had this as one of it´s category pages (Ebay or a newspaper website perhaps?)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ppcfan
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Most likely you are also targeting the Search Network, and that is not a keyword entered but rather a breadcrumb of the website on which the ad appears.

Such as this one: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-dj-gear-lighting/perth/dj+gear/k0c18612l3008303

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

I can think of only 1 reason why you this rather mysterious thing (agree that it isn´t reasonable there are so many impressions for search a narrow search query): 

this is stats from a category page at search partner (meaning people didn´t actively uses this search query, but looked at a page on a website which had this as one of it´s category pages (Ebay or a newspaper website perhaps?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the sound replies @AdWiser & @David_Precisera Smiley Happy I think that's exactly was the issue, I have disabled the Search Network now. This should also improve the quality of clicks.