1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Question about placement in GDN campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys I have several campaigns targeting Australia while having interest & re-marketing targeting as well. In the placement tab, I found quite lot of automatic placement which are oversea domain and even not in English...How can I exclude these websites and what cause this issues happen ?

J

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

follow this instructions 

You can exclude placements from specific ad groups and campaigns from the Display Network tab.

1. Go to your Display Network tab and click + Targeting, which is located above the graph.
  2. Select an ad group.
  3. Click either the “Add ad group exclusions” or “Add campaign exclusions” drop-down menu and select “Placements."
  4. Type a placement in the box, entering just one placement per line. You can exclude up to 10,000 placements per campaign. Note: You don't need to exclude a placement if it's located outside the target region for your ad. No matter where a site is located, your ad will be shown only to visitors located in the regions you've targeted.
  5. Click Close and then Save.

you can get more from here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

regards,

Zaby

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chow,

Hope you are doing well.

If you are just using re-marketing list as a targeting method, so I would request you to select the settings Tab-

And under Settings tab you will see Locations- Below that you will find Location Option Advanced and then choose target and select the second option i.e

"People in my targeted location" to avoid traffic apart from Australia through GDN.

If you have made the above changes already then you may refer to the Zaby answer.

Hope this Helps!

~Abdur

Re: Question about placement in GDN campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chow J

Just adding a snip to visualize what was posted above by @Abdur R:

Capture09feb.JPG

Best,

Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

@Lakatos knows where the money is. Smiley Happy Australia can be a very profitable marketplace, but... The nation is an island continent isolated from the rest of the world, and the central focus of commerce in the southwest pacific - As far as EFL regional audiences are concerned. The language settings are key - Pay attention to the lessons the most experienced person in this forum is willing to teach you. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all of you guys' professional answer @Zaby @Abdur R @Lakatos @tomhalejr