Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Question About Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
I am using sitelinks in my campaigns. But these are displayed only when my ad is on top of page. 
Now, if I add sitelinks and my Avg position is 6, still Sitelinks have good impressions. How ?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question About Sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

At the current Adwords page layout, sitelinks are shown only for ads above the search results - not on the right side,

That might change in the future should Google decide to change the page layout;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And averages lie.... if your average position is 6 then you may well have a number of ads in all 10 positions on the first page and beyond... so the sitelinks will be appearing on those impressions in the top positions, which may still be a decent number...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree with stickleback. As long as Google does not report the standard deviation of an average position, the value of the average, has no real meaning;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’