AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Question About Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
I am using sitelinks in my campaigns. But these are displayed only when my ad is on top of page. 
Now, if I add sitelinks and my Avg position is 6, still Sitelinks have good impressions. How ?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question About Sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

At the current Adwords page layout, sitelinks are shown only for ads above the search results - not on the right side,

That might change in the future should Google decide to change the page layout;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And averages lie.... if your average position is 6 then you may well have a number of ads in all 10 positions on the first page and beyond... so the sitelinks will be appearing on those impressions in the top positions, which may still be a decent number...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree with stickleback. As long as Google does not report the standard deviation of an average position, the value of the average, has no real meaning;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’