2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Query regarding max. CPC.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a small daily budget to spend on adwords. If I select the bid strategy as "focus on clicks" then I do not get any clicks on my ads but If I select "flexible bid strategy: first page push" then my budget gets exhausted in 2 hours. My concern is what should I do to run my ads whole day with in the same budget? Should I re-work on my Max CPC or individual keyword bidding?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Query regarding max. CPC.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Amit,

What is your target? Are you looking for more visibility or more clicks? The bidding option that you have choose seems to be more focusing on visibility. In this bid strategy, your bids get automatically adjusted to help you get top on the search page. However, if your aim is to increase site visit, then you can go for another flexible bid strategy option of 'maximize click' or else you just manually manage your bids. If you are looking for more control on your spending, then the latter one is good for you.

With that, I would also suggest that you re-visit your keywords, ad copies and landing page once again to see how you can improve your clicks within targeted budget.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Amit,

Welcome to the Community!

As you said that you have limited budget So, I would request going for Bid strategy straight a way is not a good Idea, I would recommend you to use ACE (Adwords Campaign Experiment) and you can increase the bid for particular keywords in that and test them; after that make your decision.

Link for ACE: https://www.google.co.in/ads/innovations/ace.html

Regards,
Rupesh Chhabra

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit
What i understood after reading your post is if you are using bidding strategy "focus on clicks" then your ads are receiving impressions but not clicks, it means your max cpc bid is quiet low. I suggest that you focus on Avg. position of the keywords & try to keep them in between 4-6 position in order to have better visibility and less cost since you have small daily budget. Keeping your ads in top 3 position will obviously get higher visibility which means your daily spend will get exhausted quiet early.

My views!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil,

Thanks for sharing your views! My target is to maximize conversions and I will definitely give a try to "maximize clicks" bid strategy. I want to control my daily budget as well.

Thanks again

Amit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rupesh,

Thank you for your valuable insights. I will give a try to ACE.

Thanks Again,
Amit C

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for replying, yesterday I was keeping a track of my avg. position and it is around 1.6 so I'll try to maintain avg. position in between 4-6 to have better visibility and less cost. Can I maintain this position of 4-6 by adjusting the bid manually or should I automate the bids?

Thanks,

Amit C

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You have both the options with you, if you have enough time to optimize the account then you can do it manually, otherwise use automated rules to do that. Make two rules, one for lowering the bid if avg. position less than 4 and the other one for increasing the bid if avg. position is more than 6.

Best Of Luck & Keep us posted for the results!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I did the same and set the budget manually and decreased the max CPC also. So that the budget doesn't get exhausted quickly. But what happened was that I got the good number of clicks and overall CTR was 2.01%. However, I didn't get the conversions. Now, I am getting clicks but conversions are not there. Should I rework on my landing pages to improvise the user experience?

Thanks in advance.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amit

Have you implemented the conversion tracking code correctly? Also if you can track offline conversion then it would be great to know the actual performance of the campaign. Since you ad position is low and the CTR for campaign is 2.01%, so I think that you ad copies are enough relevant to the keywords you are targeting, now in order to get conversion kindly work on your landing pages more. Look for the bounce rate, exit rate, funnel reports etc. etc. in the Analytics to know how actually a user is interacting to the landing pages.

There are several articles related to optimize your landing pages to increase the conversion rate, Just Google it and also search in community post related threads.
There is a post for bunch of articles related to conversion rate optimization, just go through them, i hope you will find some interesting ways to improve Conversion rate
#http://www.singlegrain.com/blog/top-50-posts-on-conversion-rate-optimization/

Abhishek
#