AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Query regarding BMM match type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i have below two keywords in a same Campaign in BMM match type then does these keywords can compete with each other ?

+cheap +flight

+cheap +international +flight

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Query regarding BMM match type

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manish,

+cheap +flight

+cheap +international +flight

In case of +cheap +flight, your ads will show with close variants of cheap and flight in any order.

In case of +cheap +international +flight, your ads will show with close variants of cheap international flight in any order.

The real key is that only one keyword per account is allowed to trigger an ad. So my advice would be to look at the search terms if you are trying to use both the keywords and then try to use different match types so that one keyword doesn't eat away traffic of other keyword. 

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I´d also use a higher bid for +cheap +international +flights, not only because it is more narrow and targeted (thus should have a better conversion rate), but also to make it a little more probable that it will trigger the ad when someone searches for "tickets for cheap international flights" (for example).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj,

My main concern is that if i will only use +cheap +flight on my campaign then this keywords can also get traffic from other queries like cheap international flight but avg position may be going down .

So if i will alos add +cheap +international +flight keyword in my campaign then it may increase my avg cpc of +cheap +flight

beacuse these keywords will compete each other to show ad ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
They do not compete in the way keywords in an auction does, but if the keyword with the highest AdRank also is the keyword with the highest bid that will probably cost you more per click than if the keyword with the lower bid wins the auction

I suggest you read this

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Duplicate-Keywords-in-Different-Ad-Groups-...

THere is an article on how the system chooses keywords, but I can´t find it right now