AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score of keywords in mobile campaign vs geo-targeted campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I got a campaign an adgroup in a mobile campaign with high quality score for my keywords but for the same adgroup in a geo-targeted campaign, my keywords have a low score.

Is there an explanation for that like a different way to compute quality score depending on the device or the type of campaign ?

thanks in adavance for your answers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Quality score of keywords in mobile campaign vs geo-targeted campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi YPG_Mtl,

I would suggest that it is a function of performance, just like any other campaigns.  Quality Score is not directly impacted by device targeting (EDIT: but it will be calculated differently for different devices, especially when campaigns are opted into all or many devices.  You can read more here and here.)

The reality is that there is probably much more competition in the Desktop campaigns and your mobile campaigns may be reaping those benefits.

I would look at the Desktop campaign for issues first using Keyword Diagnostics and also review other KPIs to determine the answer to this question.  A simple place to start would be to compare the CTR of both campaigns.  Are the CTR's better in the mobile campaign?  This would definitely translate to better QS.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Quality score of keywords in mobile campaign vs geo-targeted campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi YPG_Mtl,

I would suggest that it is a function of performance, just like any other campaigns.  Quality Score is not directly impacted by device targeting (EDIT: but it will be calculated differently for different devices, especially when campaigns are opted into all or many devices.  You can read more here and here.)

The reality is that there is probably much more competition in the Desktop campaigns and your mobile campaigns may be reaping those benefits.

I would look at the Desktop campaign for issues first using Keyword Diagnostics and also review other KPIs to determine the answer to this question.  A simple place to start would be to compare the CTR of both campaigns.  Are the CTR's better in the mobile campaign?  This would definitely translate to better QS.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’