AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score of ‘- - ‘getting most clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

‘Null Quality Scores, designated by "—" in the table, appear when there aren’t enough impressions or clicks to accurately determine a keyword’s Quality Score.’

I have a 2-month-old account, one of my kw has a QS of ‘- -’ , but it is getting the most clicks and impressions .Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Google starting using Null Quality Scores a few months ago. Before, Google assigned a quality score of 6 to all new keywords, then over time adjusted their quality score based on historical results. Now, they assign a null quality score to new keywords until there is enough data for Google to give it an accurate quality score. 

If your keyword is doing well with a null quality score, give it some more time to gather data and it will probably end up having a high quality score. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Google starting using Null Quality Scores a few months ago. Before, Google assigned a quality score of 6 to all new keywords, then over time adjusted their quality score based on historical results. Now, they assign a null quality score to new keywords until there is enough data for Google to give it an accurate quality score. 

If your keyword is doing well with a null quality score, give it some more time to gather data and it will probably end up having a high quality score. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply.

My account is two months old. I have below statistic. I don't understand why the keyword with zeon QS is having the most impression and clicks. 

Clicks

Impr.

Cost

QS

KW1

£349.15

--

KW2

£34.36

7/10

Kw3

£66.23

8/10

Thanks. 

Ying

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

That is not a quality score of zero, it is a null quality score, as explained in my previous post. Give it more time to acquire data and it will have a quality score assigned to it. Since it is performing well, it will likely have a high quality score after 15-30 days. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

From Google website

'Null Quality Scores, designated by "--" in the table, appear when there aren’t enough impressions or clicks to accurately determine a keyword’s Quality Score'

But this particular keyword is actually getting the most clicks and impressions. Why is still Null Quality Scores ?

Thanks. 

Ying

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I explained this in my first reply: "Now, they assign a null quality score to new keywords until there is enough data for Google to give it an accurate quality score." 

Don't worry, it will be assigned a quality score in at least 30 days since the keyword's creation. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

Sorry. I am still confused.  These keywords are more than 60 days. Some of them have got assigned a quality score, but not the one with most clicks and impressions. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Has it been active for at least 30 days? If it was paused, then reactivated, it may need to re-acquire that data. Recent changes to ads may affect the quality score as well. If it hasn't had any recent conversions, that also may be a factor. 

I would trust Google and wait for it to give it an accurate quality score, sometimes they take more time (I have keywords that are still null after 10 days). 

Just thought of this: Try changing the date range to the past 30 days, and see if that keyword will have a quality score. Also: compare the CTR, Conversion Rate and the Average Position with other keywords. I wouldn't worry too much about that one quality score if it is performing well. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I find the new way of assigning QS confusing too. I have a three day old keyword with 1 impression and 1 click, equalling 100% CTR. It has 7/10 QS and the status says "lower than expected" CTR. At the same time - just like Ying - I have older keywords which have run non-stop with high traffic, and still they haven't been assigned a QS.

The system is not transparent enough in my opinion, and any analysis without vigorous testing is guesswork at best. On the other hand, if someone has any solid information on this matter, I'd be more than happy to hear it, because this baffles me beyond any measure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's not true of mine. My Keywords go back over 2 years and they have 1000s of impressions and 100 of clicks. The historical QS is 7/10 but current QS is "__"? THis is true for a LOT of my keywords so the rule of only new keywords showing null until a QS is determined is not correct (only in theory)?