AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score for viewable CPM campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I would like to know how Google calculates quality score for GDN campaigns that use viewable CPM bidding strategy.

I was reading a few discussions and they always pointed out that for CPM campaigns only thing that matters is the quality of a landing page (most of them were linking to this article, although there is no such statement there, it can be figured by eliminating factors unrelated to GDN). I didn't found an official Google material covering these statements.

Additionally, this PPC hero article covers the cases of calculating QS when keywords and topics are the targeting options in a GDN campaign. What would be the case when I have an ad group targeting only interests, on a viewable CPM bidding, and have only display ads?

How can I improve performance (lower viewable CPM) for these campaigns?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, 

Mate

Re: Quality score for viewable CPM campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the exact same question. Is there any official google documentation that describes the factors used to calculate quality score for a campaign using CPM bidding on the GDN?