AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score dropped in another adgroup with same campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I have recently enabled my old campaign with 3 AdGroups. All three AdGroups have same ad, destination url, text with different categorized keywords.

The question is when I tried to shift some keywords from one adgroup (Keyword quality score 7/10) to another, the keyword quality score dropped to 5/10. I couldn't find solution for that. Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SEOSEM B
September 2015

Re: Quality score dropped in another adgroup with same campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Milda's answer; do remember that then when adding a new keyword to an ad-group, the initial QS granted, is based on other advertisers average QS for the same KW. (Until it gains enough impressions) So, the drop in QS, when moving the KW from one adgroup to another, could be regarded as adding a new KW (though it had already been active on your campaign.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello SEOSEM,

Keyword quality score is something that is recalculated every time somebody enters a query containing your keyword, so it will surely change after gaining some history. This has nothing to do with the quality score your keywords had in another ad group. It will all depend upon many factors, such as CTR, keyword-ad-landing page relevance, etc.So just wait for a while and see your QS changing (let's hope, for the better!)

milda

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SEOSEM B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Milda's answer; do remember that then when adding a new keyword to an ad-group, the initial QS granted, is based on other advertisers average QS for the same KW. (Until it gains enough impressions) So, the drop in QS, when moving the KW from one adgroup to another, could be regarded as adding a new KW (though it had already been active on your campaign.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its is good to know much more regarding quality score in so much detail. I always assumed that it is only related to the website so the quality score must be the same in all the AdGroups. Thanks a lot to both of you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And one thing is also remaining to be discussed, that some of my keywords which are not capitalized like "saeco espresso machine", when I change them to "Saeco Espresso Machine" the quality score boost from 5 to 8/10. So is capitalization is important because it happened to a lot of keywords that I changed.

Are the capitalized keywords more traffic gainer or same as uncapitalized keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
This is a nice question... i have also noticed this thing... Lets see what experts have on this one

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As per my understanding capitalization keywords has no accepting matching to search queries at all. I believes that they are ignored by google and its will treated as lower case..

Follow Us TwitterOn Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nick, I must say your point of view is good to understand, but I would also like to mention that Capitalized keywords bids for first page is also higher that lowecase keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Quick Question, I was of the understanding if you copy and pasted the keyword from one adgroup to the other, the QS was carried over, as its not treated as a new keyword?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi all;
Excessive capitalization is not allowed per the Policy;
Some capitalization is allowed to get a more appealing ad-copy;
Check the Policy;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176095?hl=en