AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score 10/10 then first page bid goes up?!?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

I find the sudden jump in first page bid estimates concerning. I have 10/10 quality score on these keywords pictured below and the FPG is ridiculous.

Before these 10/10 QS keywords would have FPB of $1-$5, now many say $10-$15, wow. This would kill CPA. Why even bother to use Adwords for these campaigns?

On Bing Ads platform, same keyword clicks are $0.50-$3. 

Is anyone else noticing a sudden jump in FPB. Is this temporary, permanent? Is it a seasonal trend (Insurance/Financial sector)?

First page bid goes up?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Quality score 10/10 then first page bid goes up?!?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I saw this reported on other forums - I think there was some kind of bug of some type on the reported QS and FPBE that is getting resolved.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

*Note, I'm still getting clicks at considerably lower CPC than FPB, this is too weird for "FPB" to skyrocket like that.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Maxroizer, 

Thanks for posting. 

The First Page Bid is a dynamic variable influenced by a number of different metrics. It is determined based by exact match CTR, Quality Score and compeitition on Google. 

Given you above example with no mention of any specific account chnages the reason why you might have seen a dynamic increase in your estimate first page bid is most likely due to competitive factors. FPB estimates are calculated based on recent competition. If competitors temporarily increased their bid, you can see increased FPB in your account.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. 

Best, 

Woman Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi RachK,

Thank you for your reply. It is weird quality score responces as of late, (Higher QS then Higher CPC/FPB). I am also getting lower QS with low CPC and Higher CTR, presumibly this is due to competitive factors. 

Weird Quality Score

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Good news, my FPB is bck to normal Smiley Happy

First Page Bid Back to normal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I saw this reported on other forums - I think there was some kind of bug of some type on the reported QS and FPBE that is getting resolved.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'