Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi All,

I am in the middle of acquiring a new client and I am looking at his Ad score and is really low.

I know if I increase the landing page optimization and CTR that would help increase the ad score. I am worried I will have to switch accounts to restore the integity.

Can anybody help me point out what else I could recommend this client? Also what you would suggest to help me when taking over a new client in general? For an example what to focus on ie; bounce rate vs ctr etc.

Greatly appreciated!

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike Blackmore
September 2015

Re: Quality Score

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AboveTheFold,

Since you are acquiring new client, CTR is a later thing that you will do to improve quality score & you need some stats as well to work on CTR.

I would suggest here:

You can tell your client that Account structure needs improvement. For example:

for Adgroup: New Car Inventory:

Keywords are:
buy a new car
new car dicount
new car prices
mazda 6
new and used cars

> Recommend that you need create new campaign sturcture following best practices. E.g.

All mazda realted keywords should go to adgroup Mazda.

All New Car related keywords should go to New car adgroup.

This way you can create specific adcopies relevant to each adgroup. And this helps in enhacing relevancy. Which is one of the important factor of QS.

>> Next suggestion would be Keywords selection and proper utilization of match types. You need to do some extensive keyword research using Google Keyword tool. You can also pick some relevant good keywords from search query.

Currently, you are using very general keywords in broad match type. As you can see you are getting over 2000 impressions for some keywords and not even single click. Which is certianly effecting CTR.Very general keywords in braod match type attract many irrelvant queries resulting impressions with few clicks thus very poor ctr.

Highly important to maintain relevancy between search query with associated keywods.

>> Check search query report and collect some negative keywords to show your client as an example. Tell them you need to add negative keywords to save money.

>> Next Check campaign settings and look weather campaign is running on both search and display network. If it is tell them to it is NOT recommned to run both network in same campaign because both works differently and approach different mindsets.

>> I can also see that they are running campaign on Automatic bidding and avg. postion is 3.5. Tell them that to maintain position between 1 to 3, you would want to switch to manual bidding. It will also help in improving QS because Qs is a combination of Adrank * Bid.

Above are some of my suggestion analysing sceenshot attached. I am sure if you dig more in to account, you will find many flaws to point out in your meeting Smiley Happy

I personally check everything From campaign settings to bidding method, to geographical location, to langauge settings, to keywords selection and match types, search query, adcopy, landing page, Negative keywords they are aleady using, Ad Extenions etc.

Also you can see this referance on Quality Score and pick some points to present in meeting. Also you can use Advance Search bar above and just type QS, you will see many threads on QS. Some recommended threads are:

Quality Score Article 1 by Googler Tanmay.

Quality Score Article 2 by Googler Tanmay.

What to do with Keyword QS by TC by Theresa_Zook

Hope that helps a bit! I am sure experts from this community will provide you more insights!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Neha,

I could kiss you!

That was an amazing explanation with so much details and great tips. I will take your advice and once again I truly appreciate you taking the time and giving me a thorough explanation.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

How long has this account been running  (with all those QS  2 ?)

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
@Neha: We can see some shared love in this Community. Smiley Happy
Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@marketsharer 

These accounts this guy is running all look like this..........I am assuming for the past 3-4 months by looking at the analytics and spend.

Would I be better off moving these to a fresh account like over to my MCC? Will this have any effect, poitive or negative.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey, AboveTheFold.

You sure have received some great advice so far, the only thing I'd like to add is that maybe you should blur the campaign names and the keywords in that screenshot, just in case somebody from the competition, or somebody looking for new customers should see it.

You have the customer name (and I found the website and contact data in no time), keywords, bids, CTR's, spend, quality score indications, everything that the competition could use. And I assume you don't want your potential new customer to be called by somebody else, do you? Smiley Happy

Such data should be guarded a little bit closer to the chest, and only the encessary info should be revealed, IMO.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thank you adwiser!

Is there any way of having it removed from the post? I am unable to edit the post......

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I think you should be able to go to the first post in this thread (yours) and choose "Options - Edit message", and see if you can remove the image (or better yet, replace it).

Alternately, you can go to your photobucket account and change it there.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.