2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do I see the current Quality Score when looking at the keywords performances one year ago, or do I see the Quality Score they had back then?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muriel G
September 2015

Re: Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The quality score shown in your account (even looking back in the past) is what your QS is right now. So as an example if you look back at your stats in Jan of 2013, the QS shown is not for Jan 2013, but for what you have currently.

What you could do to keep track of your QS is download a keyword report each month (With the QS column enabled). Keeps these files for a running history of your QS.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muriel G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The quality score shown in your account (even looking back in the past) is what your QS is right now. So as an example if you look back at your stats in Jan of 2013, the QS shown is not for Jan 2013, but for what you have currently.

What you could do to keep track of your QS is download a keyword report each month (With the QS column enabled). Keeps these files for a running history of your QS.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
you see the current (the last) quality score they have not the quality score they had one year ago.

To make sure of what I've said, compare two period of time, for example compare January 2013 by January 2014 , you will see the quality scores of the two periods are the same, but the avg position or CTR are different. So quality score data is static doesn't change if you customized your data.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

It really depends upon what you actually want to accomplish if you have saved the old Quality Score report with you and you are comparing it with the current situation of your keywords.

My only suggestion would be to see there is a huge decline in terms of QS for your keywords and if it is, you should really be taking an immediate action in terms of either working on improving CTR to try and improve the QS, pausing it and launching another variation of it etc...

Another aspect is to actually find out how much worth your keywords are in terms of ROI apart from the Quality Score fluctuations. If QS has really gone down, then you need to first investigate and find the root cause and then optimize your account accordingly.

I would also encourage you to go through this excellent historical discussion about QS started by Googler Tanmay: http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-p...

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for your rapid answers!

So it was what I supected... and I have no report with the old QS Smiley Sad

Anyway, lesson learned & thanks again!