Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score on Long Tail Keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I am working on an account where I need to target academic question like this: -

an empty container is not really empty if it contains air. how may moles of nitrogen are in an "empty" two-liter cola bottle at atmospheric pressure and room temperature (25∘c)? assume ideal behavior?

Please suggest how should I target them. I tried adding some important words from the above question in BMM match but the QS is very poor for that keyword, which is raising the bid to $10.

Abhishek

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AbhishekS
September 2015

Re: Quality Score on Long Tail Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Abhishek,

To me, it looks like a niche market where you have to target audiences who are looking for that particular service within the education sector.

I am not sure if you reviewed the Auction Insights Report and does it help you out in targeting this niche market and that too via AdWords?

As you know that initially the Quality Score you might be getting is based on how the other advertisers could have used these sort of keywords in the past and based on that you might be getting suggestions to increase the bid, low QS etc...But gradually once your account will accrue impressions and other stats, the QS will be based on purely your account's statistics.

Apart from BMM, how about other restrictive match type keywords like Phrase, exact matches?

Did you try using the Google Display Network (apart from Search) and tried some specific domains or other targeting method (demographics, Topics etc...) to reach your right targeted users?

Did you try the Google Trends (apart from keyword planner) to get hint on how these sort of phrases or keywords have been used in the trend?

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AbhishekS
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Abhishek S,

Besides what @pankaj1782 said, I would also try Dynamic Search Ads on such campaigns. The reason -  based on the organic search query for that domain, Google knows what kind of traffic this website gets, and it will trigger ads accordingly. 

Picking up keywords from such questions and answers may need time and much more strategic approach, as it would be difficult to weed off irrelevant traffic in the beginning. However, as the campaign gets older and you get some history, you can have control on it.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... If I solve the question (trying to recall my thermodynamics  of ideal gases courses at  engineering school) you could get some ideas for keywords. (Which could be edited to their teaching intent by adding "problems, questions, exam, etc... Smiley Happy

In  physical chemistry, 1 mole (aka Avogadro low or Avogadro number)  of ideal gases, in standard temperature and pressure (aka STP)  occupies 22.4 liters. Ambient air  behaves as an ideal gas 

Nitrogen gas  is 78% of the ambient air. (The rest is Oxygen, 21%, Argon 0.93%. Not many know that, but, carbon dioxide -CO2 - which is the major contributor to global warming is only 0.04% of the ambient air,,, Smiley Surprised )

Thus, in a  2 liter bottle;  of coca cola   there are 2/22.4*0.78 moles of nitrogen!

Remember: solving the question, still, does not mean that promotion of selling academic aids (i.e. Doing one's homework assignment for a fee)   is allowed by the Policy. Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj for the suggestion. Basically I want to target students who are looking for answers to certain question like I mentioned one. This strikes to my mind while I was going through the SEO queries.

I have just checked the Auction Insight report and unfortunately it not showing any data. Will try other match types option today and will see for any improvement in Avg. CPC.

I have tried Google Trend and it is not showing any data for these extra long tail keywords.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Abhishek

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan, definitely look for this option and will try it.

Abhishek

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe

Could you please send the link for the policy which doesn't allow this type of promotion.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

>>"Products or services that help users to mislead others

• Examples: Creation of fake or false documents such as passports or diplomas; aids to pass drug tests; paper-writing or exam-taking services; selling falsified user activity in the form of invalid clicks, reviews, or social media endorsements

The distinguish is the following: if this is an exam training course for individual - this is OK; If this type of questions are solved by others  for a fee  - and submitted by a user as  a  homework assignment -  this is not allowed 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
To follow with Moshe, I would definitely encourage you to read the policy in detail because that's really important in terms of advertising on Google.