Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score and Keyword

r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i would like to know how can increase the quality score of keywords of google adword campaign everytime when i make changes to key words quality score increases but after running a campaign for 2 to 3 hours quality sccore of keywords deccreases automatically i don't know why its happening ..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author r i
September 2015

Re: Quality Score and Keyword

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello , Welcome to the Community

I am going to assume here that you add keywords or change match type. Both operations create a new keyword which receives a "default historical QS" for the first aprox. 1000 impressions. After that the QS is calculated based on the performance of your account , mainly the CTR of that new keyword.

r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian ,
Thanks for Reply well what i understand fromn your post is that i do not have to make any changes to the keywords ...

r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
r i
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian,

Thankyou for the reply what i understand from your answer is that in order to get the QS i do not have to make any changes to the keywords..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

The QS is a metric that is first alocated by default by the system for the first aprox. 1000 impressions and then it is recalculated for every impression ( even if in the interface you get a stable number like 7/10 and it changes rarely)

In order to understand this metric better I would recommend first to read this article, expecially the section 

How we calculate Quality Score

If you have the time later to study more aspects of the QS I can also recommend this article.

Now just the pointers to attempt to increase the relevancy of your Ads , the CTR and the resulting QS :

1) Use the Search terms report and add negative keywords

2) Configure the campaign for location targeting

3) Use all 3 match types for a keyword : broad match modified ( BMM) , phrase and exact and bid highest on the exact match, lower on the phrase (as it is less relevant ) and lowest on the BMM.

4) Avoid using simple broad match keywords, as they match synonyms too. 

5) Group 10-20 keywords in an Ad group, around a theme. Use the keywords in the Ad text if possible and in the title line for best results

6) Use ad extensions to improve the CTR and to occupy more space on the page like sitelinks with descriptions

7) Optimise frequently : check ads and delete low performing ones ( with low CTR) and replace them, do the same with keywords

8) Implement conversion tracking because it enables you to keep only relevant keywords.

Improving the QS is a vast debating subject. Use the community search engine to find more similar debates and solutions. (  I'll book mark my answer and to the next person I'll just give the link )