AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score NULL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

So, I wonder how does the new quality score works. 

Examples:

1. kw X (BMM) has 6 impr & 0 clicks (last 30 days) and QS=1 (so here we have a given QS) (added on sep 5)

2. kw Y (BMM) has 1360 impr & 119 click (last 30 days) and QS= NULL. (added on sep 21)

why the absence of the QS for keyword Y, when I do have impressions and clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Quality Score NULL

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

A recent update from Google suggested that new keywords will not be assigned a QS until it picks up steam, so i guess yours will come soon, in the meantime, if the Keyword is performing well, i wouldn't worry too much about that, because worry is a waste of imagination they say.

Quality Score NULL

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I do not agree with @brower J that you shoud not worry . Anything dealing with Quality score on your AdWords should be critically Looked into . It worth attention ! 

1. Make sure you have a we'll structured Ads with Related themes . 

2. If you are getting Quality score less than 8/10 After your Ads have ran for some times remove them or move them to a relevant Ads group . Note that the default Quality score is 6/10 and you can get has high has 10/10 if your Ads and Landing page are in good health .  Feel free to ask further Questions . 

Hope this helps ! Cheers! 

Quality Score NULL

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@brower J, Yup, this is a recent change on October 10th and the keywords require more input/data before Google will assign a Quality Score, most likely 30 complete days - https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-adwords-returning-null-quality-scores-starting-september-...

Quality Score NULL

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I do not agree with Alamu... Quality Score is an indicator that improvements are possible, but it is an automated system that does not consider your unique situation. Sometimes a high QS is impossible, like when you bid on a competitor's brand name. Base your decisions on factors like cost per conversion and CTR.

Use QS to highlight where improvements could be made, but if you can't improve things and the other metrics are fine, ignore QS.

Quality Score NULL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answers!