Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score Improvement

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

i) I have low page relevancy for the keyword as the page has less information related to the keyword as well as keyword density etc. I have made the changes according, my question is how much time it will take to impact Quality Score?

ii) Please provide the techniques to improve CTR? 

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Quality Score Improvement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
i) If you are talking just about changes to your page, technically it would take as long it takes Google to crawl your page/re-index. I am honestly not sure how long that will take, you might be lucky and get a crawl in a day, or it might be several weeks. You could always use Search Console though, and ask Google to crawl your updated : page https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

ii) I will keep it very simple
- Keep your keywords relevant to your ads, and your landing page content.
- Keep on top of your negative keyword lists
- Make sure ads contain close phrases/words to your keywords in the headline, and a display url that is also relevant. Keep to ad writing best practices. http://unbounce.com/ppc/write-high-performing-adwords-ads/

More advanced tips:
- Make sure your ads are in positions 1 - 3. The most profitable position for you will have to be worked out over time. Usually it sits between 2.2 and 2.8 in my experience.
- Use ad extensions
- Use other targeting options to try and make ads even more relevant to users

If you would like to, add me on hangouts or send me a message on G+ Smiley Happy hope this helps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Abbie R
Thanks for the help. This will be very helpful to me

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Akshay,

If you will search for this topic, you will have a chain of threads but I couldn't grab the best one for you.

Sharing you a link, which I have found in my threads and was the answer for the similar query posted by you. Smiley Happy

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Keyword-Performance-is-low/m-p/48...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi,

I forgot to add about how much time it will take to impact Quality Score?

QS is calculated on the real time basis every time when a search query is triggered by the user. 

All that matter for the landing page is load time, relevancy and lot more which i have already mentioned in the link.

If you will use nofollow or noindex then also this metric(landing page experience) might yield the same performance.

Keyword density matter for SEO not as much for PPC.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

In addition to informative responses above, I would say that you shouldn't be focusing on one particular keyword for your landing page. Rather, you should concentrate around particular theme that you are focusing.

Genuine, relevant content would automatically cover up the theme based keywords that you are targeting inside Google AdWords.

Make sure that you are not excluding these pages from crawling explicitly by blocking Ads bot. Also ensure that landing page loads faster.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Akshay K Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community.

You have got great advice already. My additional advice is for you to go through "Learn" section of Advertiser community and check articles written by experts. I am sure you will get tons of information to improve your campaign performance. Here is "Learn" section link- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/bg-p/User_Articles#

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Akshay,

When you update your website content, make sure you have submitted on Google webmaster tool. It will help you to crawl your web pages within 30 minutes or a day.

Your QS indicates that your ads are relevant and searchers find them attractive. But if you want to increase CTR, you have to make them even more so. You are obviously saying something that is making them click your ads but something else might be even better. So test, don't be afraid to try new ideas.

Always check the SQR (Search Query Report) regularly. It's often a great source for negatives.

Thanks
Virendraa

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Just to play Devil's Advocate here.... be careful that you don't get too hung up on QS. You should be looking to optimise your account for ROI (conversions) rather than some of the other shiny objects you find along the way.

QS is a result of other things - not a "thing" in and of itself. Let me explain. Google calculates QS on the basis of a number of factors - among which - and quite a significant factor is the CTR (weighted for ad position)... these factors together are a representation of how well your site "answered the search query" - let's think about this. If someone is looking buy a blue widget, they search for blue widgets, your ad offering blue widgets appears, they visit your site and quickly buy a blue widget, then Google gets a whole series of signals suggesting that when someone searches for blue widgets, your's is a great site to send them to. so you get a high QS.

But it wasn't the QS that did this - it was the factors that QS reflects. You can get a high CTR by really working hard on your ad copy (let's face it, until a visitor gets to your site the only thing they see is what Google serves from your account - so the ad copy and any extensions. But if the visitors bounce quickly or never complete a conversion on your site, then Google is going to realise that despite a great CTR, there's not much sense in sending people to you. But you'll realise this too, and start getting frustrated with Google for sending visitors who don't buy... we see this a lot. These are the "google's a scam" complaints.

Whilst QS is something to keep an eye on, it is not a goal in and of itself. Concentrate on the core KPI's such as conversion rate, cost per conversion as well as bounce rate and other engagement indicators, and to a large degree QS will take care of itself.

This is the way I tend to approach it. If a keyword has a low QS I look to see why and fix it. The danger is that if a keyword has a high QS we tend to leave it alone, where - in truth, this is probably where more effort should be made as it is where the most potential lies.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @stickleback,

Let me play Devil's Advocate to the Devil's Advocate Smiley Happy

stickleback wrote:
If someone is looking buy a blue widget, they search for blue widgets, your ad offering blue widgets appears, they visit your site and quickly buy a blue widget, then Google gets a whole series of signals suggesting that when someone searches for blue widgets, your's is a great site to send them to. so you get a high QS.

--- In my opinion Google does not use conversion rate or any conversion information for quality score as it is too easy to manipulate and abuse. Eg: If I mark the visit of the home page as a conversion I will have a conversion rate of 100% and all 10/10 Quality scores... therefore the QS calculation CANNOT include conversions.

Does QS affect Cost Per Conversion - Absolutely