2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score-How Relevancy Matters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts, It is being well said that  Quality Score is a Key factor for high Ad Rank. And this parameter depends upon  various factor, one among such is  Relevancy of our landing page, How our  Ad is relevant to our landing page. 

So, For an Ad Group, we might be using  at least  30 keywords, Should I insert all these 30 keywords in the website or landing page or metatags so that  It counts as relevancy? What is the best practice that  my Ad and keywords should be relevant to the Landing Page So that I can get a High Quality Score.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Quality Score-How Relevancy Matters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Syed,
Great question!

This is a common misunderstanding. Adgroup should contain tightly THEMED keywords. Don't paste all the keywords from an adgroup directly into your landing page. That doesn't make sense and that's not how it works. Just make sure that your landing page is related to the theme of your ad group. In fact, the landing page doesn't have to contain ANY reference to the exact keyword that you use, as long as it's related thematically. 

30 keywords in an adgroup is probably excessive. Unless they're all SUPER tightly related and are all exact match. You can get a good idea of what Google considers thematically related by using the keyword tools and the "keyword grouper" tool in AWE. 

Focus more on improving your CTR, your landing page theme and experience and you'll well on your way to higher quality scores and lower CPCs. I've spent a large portion of my working life trying to figure out QS and trust me, focus on the user experience more and the quality score will come. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to great advice by Dave above, make sure you target relevant page of your website for particular ad group or rather I would say for particular set of keywords because relevancy of your landing page is measured by different signals on how AdWords calculates Quality Score. You don't have to do keyword stuffing to add keywords forcefully inside a landing page. If theme is correct, your keywords or phrases would automatically make sense to what you are trying to advertise online. 

Also note that there might be scenario where your QS is high but the ad relevance is low when you do the keyword diagnosis and vice versa. Read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659752?hl=en

As Dave said, targeting 30 keywords within a single ad group will not be wise strategy to follow. I would suggest if you can cut down those keywords and do theme based grouping which is really important to gain higher CTR which would further uplift and impact the other metrics as well.

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
In addition to Dave's and Pankaj's great answers, In terms of which keywords you should include in your ads and landing page, it would be the root keyword of your ad group and some specific semantic variation of this keyword. For instance if your ad group about " red rose" , the root keyword would be " red rose" and other variation could be "beautiful red rose".

No, you don't have to include all of your ad group's keywords in the landing page , just some main keywords can convey the message to Google that your landing page match the theme of the ad group and as Google always says "focus on user and all else will follow".

Aslo, to find out if your landing page revolve around the ad group keywords , Go to the Google Keyword Planner (you need to sign in to your Google account) and enter your landing page's URL , Google will then show the keywords of this landing page, you can watch whether those keywords match the theme of your ad group.

One important last thing , keep testing different lading pages with different headlines, titles, colors, buttons..etc.