2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score Dropped for a Keyword.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The quality score of my keyword drops from 6 to 4. Don't know what to do? Does anyone know why this happen? Note the keyword show ad relevance - below avg & landing page exp - below avg. I want to know why this happen all of sudden? The keyword is live from past 2 month with QS 6 why this happen now?

Initially the keyword had

Expected CTR - average

Ad relevance - average

landing page Exp- Average with QS - 6

Now it shows

Expected CTR - average

Ad relevance - below average

landing page Exp - below Average with QS - 4

Also I want to know does CTR of other keywords in adgroup impact quality score of the keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Quality Score Dropped for a Keyword.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

Quality Score is ever changing metric and most importantly it is dynamic in nature. So advertisers can't take it for granted in a way that if QS is 7 today, it is likely to be same in future. No, it can increase/decrease depending upon various metrics which are are taken into consideration as you said below.

Note that if you are able to maintain an exceptional CTR for your keywords, then it enhances your Quality Score.

Look at your keyword report and compare them with the past data and see if the fluctuation that happened is minor or major.

Similarly, review your landing page and it might require some improvement in terms of how users are engaging today compared to how they have been engaged in the past.

I would suggest experimenting the new keywords time and again in order to see how they impact your account in terms of various metrics. Also check various keyword matching options and see if you are able to introduce various restrictive match type keywords which increases overall relevancy and improve your account.

I would encourage you to read this informative article by NehaGupta around this important metric:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Quality-Score-The-Magical-amp-Mysterious-Metri...

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

I completely agree with pankaj on this. The QS is a metric that can change over time depending on various factors, the most important ones among them being the 'expected CTR, ad relevance, and landing page experience'.

If you wish to understand what changes then as Pankaj suggested you should look at the past performance of the keyword and check if there have been any changes on the LP as well. Using keyword variations in restrictive matchtypes is also a good idea to build up relevance.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

Thankx for the reply. I did make some changes before starting campaign and after that I didn't make any kind of changes to the landing page. The QS was 6 now it is 4. How? I didn't make any changes, earlier it was 6 how now it is 4 and the page is relevant to ad. Does metrics like avg time of page. bounce rate etc of landing page impacts QS?

Also I have one more question. I am bidding for a keyword more that the Est. 1st page bid, still I am not able to see my ad on first page why?

Also when I check my ads on Ad preview and diagnostic tool it shows me on 1st page 4th position but by using Google on proxy server it shows me 3rd page 3rd position? How to get idea about exact Ad position?