Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score Disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need help. I have recently set up and account for a commercial interior designer and we are having quality score nightmares. We have specific landing pages for individual keywords, for example "office design", where the keyword is in the H1 tag, the page title, the URL, and appears multiple times within the text. It's also in the ad text, the ad title and is extremely relevant to what the company does.

But, we were assigned a 3/10 for that word, BEFORE the thing even began it's run. I understand that the CTR is a factor, but the low score is preventing us from being higher than 5th on the page, which in turn, prevents ever getting a decent CTR. Is there anything I can do, or are we doomed?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Quality Score Disaster

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Interform,

When calculating the Qaulity Score, Google factors in that lower ad positions entail a lower CTR%. Just go for a decent CTR as much as you can at the available ad positions.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Interform, 

Lakatos is right. Focus on your CTR and teh rest will follow. Now how can you boost your CTR?

Why don't you also check alsop these threads:

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce
Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

Let us know if you've notice any changes!

Good luck,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! That makes me feel a little better about the situation. I will tough it out and see if can get the CTR up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I will post any success back in this thread.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Landing Page Experience  is much more than just having the keywords on the right places.

(although  AdWords still seems to emphasise this on their help page

In other post other factors  such as Loading time, bounce rate (?) , dwell time, etc are being mentioned.

What status is given for:  Expected CTR, Ad Relevance (heavely based on actual CTR?), and Landing Page Experience ?

( Not that that realy tells you what to do  Smiley Happy  also see:  POST

Some campaigns seem to get a QS 2-3 slap when started up, very high First Page bids are suggested in the keyword tool, (and they are actually required to get some volume in your campaign). I don't see this in all campaigns or accounts but some realy seem to suffer from this. (And others start up  with QS 5-7, just as one would expect)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Status for all three say "Average" for most keyword / ad combinations, but occasionally i will get a "Below Average" for Ad Relevance, in which case I have been splitting those words into new adgroups, with more specific ad text.

Thanks for your help!