AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score - Ad Variation

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Suppose i have one ad in one ad group and the QS for a keyword is 6 ( ad relevancy : average)

Now i create new ad in the same ad group, how google will calculate QS for the same keyword, and can ad relevancy for the same keyword can be above average ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeewan G
September 2015

Re: Quality Score - Ad Variation

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jeewan G ;

Here you are;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan G,

When you add a new ad copy in an existing ad group Google will serve your ads based on your ad rotation setting.If the new ad performs better than your existing ads (CTR) then Google will consider this ad more relevant for those keywords.So there is a chance to increase the Quality Score.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

The primary factor which comes into picture while calculating Quality Score would be the exptected CTR as far as my understanding goes.

You might witness in your account only while reviewing the keywords QS, you might see some keyword having a low QS, but the Ad Relevance is Above Average. So there are lot of signals which contribute to this magical metric and there is no guarantee that if ad relevance is average or above average, Quality Score is going to be high.It might increase or remain same etc...

Read this article for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659752?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I understood the question differently;
My understanding of the question was that the keyword had not been changed and only a new ad was added. QS is calculated per keyword per auction. The main factor for a QS is the CTR....(all the rest are parameters with much less significance)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV can u send me the article link for the same
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeewan G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jeewan G ;

Here you are;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...