Guide Me
star_border

Qual.Score is 3! What should I do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I found one keyword has extremely low Quality Score - 3 

I checked this keyword, it has 7.04% CTR, generates a good amount of conversions, the landing page is right (but adwords shows landing page experience is below average...)

See the diagnosis:

• Expected clickthrough rate: Below average
  • Ad relevance: Above average
  • Landing page experience: Below average

What should I do to improve the QS if this keyword? How to bring up "expected clickthrough rate"? Do I need to raise my bid for this keyword? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dering,

Try changing the keyword match type.

Thanks,

Sakthi 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Dering,

In addition to what Sakhti said, a top contributor on the forum provided this article in response to improving quality scores: https://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/settling-the-quality-score-whitepaper-final.pdf 

I hope this helps!

-Amolliah 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sakthi,

The keyword is the brand name, exact match type. I've tried other keyword types but they're not performing well. Anything else I need to change or check? 

Besides, I have two keywords, one is [brand name], the other one is [brand name co.], the second one has high Quality Score. Do you think I need to separate them in different ad groups or just pause the first one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Amolliah, this article is absolutely useful!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, Amolliah. Thank you for sharing a great whitepaper on Quality score improvement. 

Dering, do both the keywords lead to the same landing page? If they use different landing pages, then you can create separate adgroups. And check the ad extensions' as well. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sakthi