3.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

QS get down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Part of my keywords QS get down with some unknown reason. After checking keyword diagnosis tool,  almost all keywords with low QS show me that the Ad relevance is "below average", including my brand keywords. Many Keywords got scored 10 before and now only 6-8 or lower. Anyone knows the reason?  I didn't do big change in my account in the recent time.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yalen
September 2015

Re: QS get down

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yalen,

Welcome to forum...

The moment you load a keyword into AdWords, it receives a Quality Score. This initial Quality Score is determined by each keyword’s performance history for other advertisers. Google AdWords has monitored this keyword’s historical performance for multiple advertisers who have targeted this keyword, Google determines an aggregate score and this is your “base score.” This is your keyword’s starting point in regards to Quality Score.

If your keyword performance is better than the historical average, then your Quality Score will improve. However, if your keyword’s click-through rate is lower than this “base score” then your Quality Score will begin to decline.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello yalen,

This change seems to be happening in more accounts, in this discussion there are 3 more users signaling the same as you ( Imre78 , Gökhan D and me )  

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Ad-relevancy-turned-to-below-average-campaign-wid...

Gökhan D tested as a solution to create more grannular ad groups with the keywords in the title of Ads to increase the relevancy.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi yalen,

"Below average" for Ad Relevance means the keyword/ad combination is getting a low CTR compared to other advertisers for the same keyword. Placing those keywords in a separate ad group with ad copy that is more closely related to the keyword and improves your CTR for the keyword will get better ad relevancy and should result in a higher QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords