2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

QS Paralysis...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I find that whenever I make any changes to my account - combining two ad groups, or moving keywords from one group to another - the quality scores drop to 3/10 or 2/10.  The thought of having to start over, coaxing my quality scores back up from a 2 or a 3 is exhausting.

What do you guys do when you want to change ... well, anything?  It seems like this hammer-blow to the quality scores whenever you make a change induces a sort of paralysis.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: QS Paralysis...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello jyelon,

It is likely that the quality scores are dropping due to your ad groups containing less tightly themed keywords. Originally they were in smaller sized ad groups but by combining them they are naturally going to become less relevant which will influence the quality scores. What is your reason for transferring the keywords or merging the ad groups?

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: QS Paralysis...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hm.... basically the phenomenon is sort of well-known. It should be part of your thinking about AdWords and be permanently on the top of your minds. What we actually do is that experienced advertisers are always pretty cautious about such movements or changes and don't get engaged in such activites unless there are some cisrcumstances making them unavoidable.