AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Purpose of traffic estimator service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have some difficulties in understanding the purpose of the traffic estimator service.

Can be used to check what would be the performace of an existing adGruop on the GDN when I modify my placements and maxCPC? Or is rather intent in a planning phase to check the hypoteitical performace of a certain planned adGroup?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Purpose of traffic estimator service

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi
The keyword planner (which includes the traffic estimator) is a "sandbox" for the "search network"
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Purpose of traffic estimator service

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Luca,

The Traffic Estimator gives you how new ideas of keywords would perform within your budget limit. I have often used this tool to add new keywords to my campaign. However, it is advisable that one has to be ensure with the match types that he/she planning to estimate within this tool. For me, I have often seen drastic differences between the results when I switched the match types. The tool is more targeted towards providing you an idea on how your keywords would perform. This is an ideal solution to get real insights on clicks, impressions within your budget. So if you wish to find right keywords that can help you get maximum ROI within your budget. Then this tool is for you.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M