AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Publisher is Now Using Dubleclick banner Ads.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a profitable "Placement" on a website and my display campaign was doing well.  Recently I notices that that placement is not showing Adwords ads, but banner from "DoubleClick" .

So, I am looking for a solution to target those "DoubleClick" placement via Adwords display campaign? Is it possible and what should I do?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Publisher is Now Using Dubleclick banner Ads.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

To the best of my knowledge, if you are already targeting Google Display Network, your ads appear on Ad exchange publisher sites along with the placements which are already in Google AdSense. Read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472739?hl=en

Did you try raising the bid for that placement if that's already added as managed placement.

Also, if you think that the particular placement is now showing more often banner ads, try implementing that in your account as well (if you haven't been doing that) to get eligible for the ad auction.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

To the best of my knowledge, if you are already targeting Google Display Network, your ads appear on Ad exchange publisher sites along with the placements which are already in Google AdSense. Read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472739?hl=en

Did you try raising the bid for that placement if that's already added as managed placement.

Also, if you think that the particular placement is now showing more often banner ads, try implementing that in your account as well (if you haven't been doing that) to get eligible for the ad auction.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Anil,

Looks like the publisher has upgraded to Doubleclick for Publishers. They'll have to enable Google AdWords placement targeting (in DFP) for the placement to be available in AdWords. This is an optional feature for Doubleclick publishers, as their primary targeting would be DFA (Doubleclick for Advertisers).

If you've been using managed placements, try searching for the placement in the placement tool. If it doesn't show up, it is possible that the the publisher hasn't enabled AdWords targeting.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi pankaj ,
thanks for reply. yes, I increase the bid to maximum as much I could pay and also added banners. waiting to see if my ads show on that placecement.

@Sumanth,
That placement is also showing adwords text ads, but I am more concerned about Ads slot ( top banner)

thanks
Anil

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
If you're able to see AdWords ads in the specific ad slot you're talking about, increasing bids (as Pankaj rightly said) would help you get your ad there.

In case you're noticing Doubleclick banner ads all the time, it is quite possible that the publisher isn't allowing AdWords ads in that specific ad slot.
Sumanth Sridhar