AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Protecting Against Minor Changes In Estimated Bids When Using Manual Bid Strategy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I spoke with an Adwords representative this morning to deal with my problem, which was that my campaign had zero impressions. The representative had me change to a manual bid strategy and she instructed me to change my cost per click to correspond with the # that Adwords estimates is the minimum amount of a bid that would show my ad on the first page. So for example, I set the bid for one of my keywords at 20.32. So, what happens if later in the day or tomorrow or sometime very soon the estimated bid amount goes up by a nickel? Then my ad won't show, right? And I will have no way of knowing about the increase unless I am constantly checking my account, right? What am I missing?

Christopher

1 Expert replyverified_user

Protecting Against Minor Changes In Estimated Bids When Using Manual Bid Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christopher,

If your CPC goes up by a nickle, you may see another notification that your ad won't be on the first page, not that it isn't eligible to appear. One option that could help is changing from Manual CPC to enhanced CPC (eCPC). This will raise your keyword bid when you're ads are more likely to lead to conversions. If you're willing to pay more for people to convert, then this may be a wise move. Although eCPC gives Google a bit more control over what you're spending, it is a more competitive strategy and you won't have to constantly check your account.  

Here's a good resource: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Hope that helps!

Lauren

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Christopher L,

As suggested, you can use automated bidding including Target Search page location or you can simply use automated rule(Raise bids to first page CPC when..below first page bid) to keep your bids above the estimated bids required for 1st page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’