Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting 2 Landing pages for same set of keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Can i show more than one of my ads in search results for the same keyword at the same time?

The scenario is my real estate builder client wants to showcase both their project page and their special offer page when users search for a project.

Normally when people search for "flats in Mumbai" we show them the project page "www.example.com/cochin-flats". Now i am  trying to have one additional ad from my same account with landing page "www.example.com/Mumbai-flats-offer".

So basically i need both of my ads appear at the same time in the search results page.

Is that really possible?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promoting 2 Landing pages for same set of keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jithin,

Two text ads for the same keyword of same domain is not possible.
Though multiple PLA/shopping ads are eligible to appear for a single keyword.

But in your case, the best option is using the offer page as Sitelink extension.
**The good news is that now side ads are no more available, only 4 above the organic results and 3 below the organic results can appear. So ad extension can also be visible along with the ads at bottom positions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit. Me too was in the same opinion.. But even if they do not show, chances are there that may compete each other and increase CPCs right?

Actually the client has separate budget for promoting that offer page..

I am planning to use ad scheduler to run one campaign from 12am-noon, and other one from Noon-mid night..

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
If the QS is good and bid is not below 1st page or high enough for top positions then good chances of sitelinks being shown.
And internal auction never let to any competition. hence, no impact on CPC bids, The competition in terms of CPC only takes place while competing with other advertisers.
As per you scenario, you ads landing page is related to Cochin flats while keyword is related to Mumbai which in not the best strategy or will lead to loosing of relevancy.
So best is using the offer page of Mumbai flats in the ads final url for Mumbai related queries.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jithin C;

This is a violation of "gain unfair advantage " clause. The rule of thumb is "one business -one account". (In your scenario exceptions do not apply)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jithin C

Agree with whatever said about policies. Make sure to abide by them.

Just wanted to add a few wayouts to run both project's landing pages one by one, gain proper exposures for them, and test their effectiveness at the same time.

How about having keyword level landing page URLs? 

Or having adds pointing to different landing pages in the same adgroup and then setting ads' rotation to be even?

Doing this for a week or so will give you useful insights for future course of action. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I really admire the policies and try not to break them..

@Ratan I tried the adgroup level one. Keyword level urls is something i would try doing now.. Thanks for the suggestion..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yea, Even i don't want to break the rules..