Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Programming Error Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I seem to be having an issue with sorting by keywords alphabetically in both the Campaign and Ad Group Categories.

The results are not sorting alphabetically.

Could someone please report this to the appropriate area??

Thanks In Advance

RPquest

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Programming Error Issue

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi RPquest, if the Keywords are not sorting alphabetically, can you tell how - or if - they are sorting?  Does the order change when you click on the column name (where it would normally sort high/low or low/high)?  Can you see any other order in the sorted list - is it sorting by CTR, for example, rather than Keyword even though you've clicked the name column?

(edit)  Sorry, I should add that I'm not seeing any issue here - my Keywords and Groups sort alphabetically as they should so the issue appears to be limited in scope.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi RPQuest,

You are correct. All BMM (modified broad) will list first. After all the BMM keywords, the remaing Broad, Phrase and Exact match keywords sort "correctly". That is, if you have the same keyword(s) as broad, phrase and exact match, they will all appear together.

I made this request to fix BBM to sort along with the other match types when BMM was first introduced. I even traded messages with one of the engineers to explain exactly what I was looking for. It appears the decision was made not to fix this.

We can't always get what we want!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Cobnut & Pete,

Thanks for the replies.

It appears it may be isolated to the Display Network as that's were the issue seems to be.  If either of you happen to have a Display Network Ad with Keywords, please check to see if you're having the issue there.

The order does not change at all when clicking the arrow but the arrow changes from up to down like it thinks it's sorting but it's not.

Here's my example (actual 1st and 2nd letters of Keywords)

na

na

ta

de

ho

ho

de

in

de

ma

of

ho

na

wa

li

As you can see, no rhyme or reason to the order.

Thanks!

RPquest