1.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Products lifespan lenght for succesfull dynamic remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running CPC advertising on an auction where the products' lifespan is around 30 days. I am wondering if Dynamic Remarketing is a good choice for me ? Maybe i should just go with Standark Remarketing? 
Is there anyone who had a similar concern? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Products lifespan lenght for succesfull dynamic remarketing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Veronicca,

It must be a display campaign as both the features are not available for search network.
And if its regarding the products rather than services, then I recommend you to go with Dynamic Remarketing.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, the display campaign is mandatory Smiley Happy
So you advice me to go with the Dynamic Remarketing even though the products' lifespan is not very long? (longest 30 days, shortest 7 days)

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Smiley Surprised

You have suddenly changed the lifespan from around 30 days to 7 days(conditionally).

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In most cases it is up to 30 days, but there are auctions that are over in 7,8 days Smiley Happy .
By the way, Thank you for engaging with my issue .
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veronicca P
November 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Ok.
I think the best strategy will be creating a different remarketing list for all those products having short lifespan with the desired membership duration(1 week)
And a different for those products with membership duration of 30 days.

Now using both the lists seperately.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Veronicca P from a time period point of view there's no difference between the two methods, so you could use either, though of course you may find Dynamic Remarketing to be more effective simply from its nature.

However, I'm interested in your actual usage.  You've said your products' "lifespan" is around 30 days and depending upon what you mean, it's possible you may have other problems using any form of Remarketing.  The problem is that remarketing lists only use a period for expiry, not an actual date.  So if you wanted to promote a specific product or offer only in October, and set a list with an expiry of 31 days, anyone visiting the site for the first time on the 31st October will see your Ads for the whole of November (assuming you're not ending the Campaign on the 31st).  If the product is no longer available clearly you're wasting money, and if the offer is no longer available you run the risk of your Ads being disapproved.

Can you provide some more details of this "lifespan" and what it means in practical terms?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Veronica P,

The problem you will face with Dynamic Marketing is you will need to tie that to a Google Merchant Account. The Google Merchant data feed does not accept auction items, they must be fixed price items. I looked into this for our own auction site.

One approach would be to create remarketing lists based on the category of the item pages visited rather than remarketing specific items in the auction,. This will keep your auction site in front of potential customers. I'd set a low impression cap on this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Veronicca,

Please go through the link and video within the link. Hope it will help you, by Customizing ads with real-time updates.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072565

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Very useful information! You save me a lot of trouble! So your suggestion is use the whole "auction list" instead of a product as far as i understand.Thank you for the advice and engagement Smiley Happy