Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Product Not Showing For PLA Campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have set up a PLA campaign for a client and I have found that he is not appearing for searches that his other websites are coming up for.

Example: Gym Mats

On the feed, I have "Gym Mats" in the Titles, Description, but still not coming up... The bid is very high £7.

The Product Type is:  Hardware > Flooring > Gym And Recreational Mats And Weight Training Areas

The Adwords Grouping is: Gym And Recreational Mats And Weight Training Areas

Any ideas?

Would changing the Product Type and Grouping as below do it?

The Product Type is:  Hardware > Flooring > Gym Mats And Recreational Mats And Weight Training Areas

The Adwords Grouping is: Gym Mats And Recreational Mats And Weight Training Areas

I do have this in place for another keyword: Grass Mat

The keyword is in the Title, Description & Type Grouping are: -

The Product Type is:  Hardware > Flooring > Grass Mats And Walkway Mats

The Adwords Grouping is: Grass Mats And Walkway Mats

Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks Bobby

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Not Showing For PLA Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Bobby

Did you look in the Merchant Center to make sure the product is approved for Search Ads?

ComputerBob

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bob,

Yes, products are Approved and Searchable!

Surely can't be that hard to get products to appear for such relevant searches!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sony MDR7506

Where are you doing the searches? Google Search or Shopping?

From your response to the previous question, it will surely show up in Google Shopping (if you have budget, bid, and time set correctly), but won't necessarily show up on Google Search PLA (for those same reasons).

If all that is correct, I would check the grouping for the product. For example the Sony MDR-7506 has a grouping of products based on UPC and/or MPN. The two retailers in the screen shot that are listed seperately do not have the correct MPN or UPC.    

You can see what Google thinks should be the "correct identifiers" by clicking on the Compare Prices->Details

The Sony MDR-7506 has a this as it's values:

Universal Product Identifiers
Brand: Sony
Part Numbers: 7506, MDR-7506
GTIN:  00027242436718, 00027242682252

Have your product match the groupings identifiers and that might fix it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobbysem
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Bobby,

Two questions.

1. When you created your PLA campaign and setup the target for the grouping did you validate in the AdWords UI to make sure you setup the PLA target correctly?

2. Why did you go with the category Hardware > Flooring ?  Wouldn't something along the lines of Fitness be more appropriate for the Gym and rec mats?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello, Bobby.

Beside what you've already been told, please check that the product is listed as being "on stock", and that the titles you have are not too long. Gym mat has one relevance in "Blue Gym Mat" and another one in "Sure Shot Gym / Judo Mat 2m x 1m x 40mm Green Tatami".

Also, I do remember something about not being allowed to run feeds from two different accounts (you said he is not appearing for searches that his other websites are coming up for), sending people to two different websites, belonging to the same business and selling the same products. But I can't find the link to the policy right now (if there ever was one, and I'm not mistaken).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your feedback, I have the following comments to your responses: -

@computerBob

I am doing searches on Google Search. The budget is HUGE, the bids are HUGE & campaign is all hours.

I don't think its the MPN/UPC as other products are showing from his other websites.

@Kim_Click

1. Yes, I did validate the UI and all was ok.

2. I will try changing the category as it is only pulling in from the website at the moment.

@Adwiser

Yes the products are stated as "in Stock". Some titles are actually quite big. I will shorten them for this product group and let you know how I get on.

Not sure about the "other websites" bit but I agree with you that this shouldn't be hapenning! However, what can you say to clients who just don't listen!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Kim_Clink wrote:

Hi Bobby,

Two questions.

1. When you created your PLA campaign and setup the target for the grouping did you validate in the AdWords UI to make sure you setup the PLA target correctly?

2. Why did you go with the category Hardware > Flooring ?  Wouldn't something along the lines of Fitness be more appropriate for the Gym and rec mats?

I have updated the product_type attribute to be more relevant i.e sports flooring > gym mats > etc.

will let you know my findings...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bobby

Could you try testing some variations - e.g. one PLA only without Text ad, one with, one without auto-target, one with a product ID in auto target, etc.

If the product is still pretty new on Merchant Centre then it could just be taking a bit too long and regular feed updates will take a while to filter down to AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

"I don't think its the MPN/UPC as other products are showing from his other websites."

This is a sample from NewEgg's feed:

899.99, Newegg.com,SONY VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz 17.3", inStock, new, Sony, SVE17135CXB, upc-00027242960459 

600.99, Newegg.com,SONY SSML22F1 Black 21.5" Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor, inStock, new, Sony, SSML22F1, upc- 

3 699.99, Newegg.com,SONY SNC-EP550 Surveillance Camera, inStock, new, Sony, UNIONEP550C2, upc-00027242275317

569.99, Newegg.com,Sony IPELA SNC-CH120 Surveillance/Network Camera - Color- Monochrome, inStock, new, Sony, SNC-CH120, upc-00027242801332 

3 999.99, Newegg.com,SONY SNCEP550 Surveillance Camera, inStock, new, Sony, UNIONEP550C7, upc-

Notice how there are a number of products that don't have a UPC? It is on the individual product itself. I see this all the time.  I go in and adjust the MPN or the UPC and walla! It pops up!