AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads positioning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We are achieving great results from UK Google Shopping with our Product Listing Ads (PLAs) but just don't seem to get our Ads displaying on the right hand side of the regular Search results. Once a user clicks through to Google Shopping our ads are right at the top of Shopping results on the search terms we are targeting. 

We regularly optimise the feed and experiment with our bidding but still we can't get our PLAs on the rhs of the regular Google search results. What am I missing or do I just need to keep feed optimising and bid experimenting?

Many thanks

Mertz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Listing Ads positioning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would add that this is only a problem with one particular site and not with others where we are seeing PLAs on the right hand side of regular Search results. Feed attributes are broadly the same across all sites so do not understand why we are having the problem with only the one site. Would having only a GTIN attribute but no MPN make a difference? 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Zoocha P,

No MPN should not be a factor. Have you compared CTR between the groups? A lower CTR would cause a lowered QS (yes, there is a QS in PLA's). How do the bids compare between groups. Do lower CTR groups have a higher bid to improve QS?

I really don't have an answer, just the questions.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete

Very good of you to reply.Those are factors I hadn't thought of at all so I will go and do some comparisons and see what I find. Thank you for taking the time.

Cheers
Zoocha