1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads negative keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have taken over an account from a coworker and he had 1 ad group  that I want to split into many ad groups. I have been unable to find an answer to have many negative keywords I am allowed at an adgroup/account level for PLA. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

AdWords account limits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

System Failure;

Here you are:  the numbers per campaign. (More than enough....Smiley Happy)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hi SystemFailure,   Product listing ads do not use the ke...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SystemFailure,

Product listing ads do not use the keywords from your ad groups. Rather, it uses the descriptions you provide in the data feed to the Merchant Center.

I am not absolutely certain, but it is my understanding that negative keywords, similarly, have no effect on your PLA's.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Hi SystemFailure,   Product listing ads do not use the ke...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we have multiple adgroups under a campaign, do we need to have a separate PLA ad under each of them, or just one across the campaign suffices (ofcourse assuming you have your merchant center feed uploaded and connected correctly and auto targets defined). Technically, I feel it shouldn't matter since there is no budgeting at the adgroup level, and all that matters is the feed. But wanted to know if campaign/adgroup structuring would make a difference. 

Thanks.

Re: Hi SystemFailure,   Product listing ads do not use the ke...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Webspade,

You may have notice no one is answering your question! That's because you tacked on the end of an ongoing discussion instead of starting your own thread. It's always better to start your own thread when you are asking a question, and especially when your question is not closely related to the original question.

There are product listing ads and product extension/auto targets. You'll nee a PLA in each ad group for which you wish to run ads. For Product Extensions, you need to add the Product Extension to the campaign, then set auto targets in each ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords