AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with keyword diagnosis tool?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys

Ive just been checking my account, and as my top 3 kw have got qs of 3 i decided to put them into a camapign that had been paused for a while and when i did that the qs increased after i increased the budget. i then ran the kw diagnosis tool and it said that most of the moved kw were not showing due to a similar kw showing in a different group ( the moved words were hypnotherapy and they were not showing it said as hypnotherapist was showing instead in a different campaign).

So i paused the kw i just moved then re enabled them in the cmapaign they were originally in, i ran the kw diagnosis tool again for the original campaign and it said the same thing- they were not showing die to hypnotherapist showing instead.

Heres the thing, i can understand the similarity in kw causing that, but the original campaign is showing lots of clicks for the kw i moved so how can only the hypnotherapist kw be showing instead when both kw are accruing clicks??

if they are both accruing clicks the diagnosis tool must be wrong ?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Problem with keyword diagnosis tool?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you just moved them back to the original adgroup then it may take a while for the messaging to update - I would check back in 24 hrs and see if it is the same.

As for the "other keywords showing" I find that a pain personally but Google has decided to show keywords that have a higher quality score or lower cost to help us out.  However it can cause trouble when you are trying to get a lower QS keywords in better quality score shape through improving its click through rate when Google will not serve the keyword you want to work with.

Suggestion is to use negative keywords in the adgroup that is incorrectly serving.  i.e. ad -[hypnotherapy] to the Hypnotherapist group and add -[hypnotherapist] to the hypnotherapy group.

more about negative keywords: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2453972

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you just moved them back to the original adgroup then it may take a while for the messaging to update - I would check back in 24 hrs and see if it is the same.

As for the "other keywords showing" I find that a pain personally but Google has decided to show keywords that have a higher quality score or lower cost to help us out.  However it can cause trouble when you are trying to get a lower QS keywords in better quality score shape through improving its click through rate when Google will not serve the keyword you want to work with.

Suggestion is to use negative keywords in the adgroup that is incorrectly serving.  i.e. ad -[hypnotherapy] to the Hypnotherapist group and add -[hypnotherapist] to the hypnotherapy group.

more about negative keywords: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2453972

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

excellent advice Kim,

and so simple, why didnt i think of that ?? doh!!

thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
LOL! Well I think there are just lots to think about with AdWords these days. So much who, what, when, where and why going on my head spins sometimes Smiley Wink

Nice thing about the community here is that we have so many experienced AdWords users that at least someone has run into the experiences you have, and can lend a hand Smiley Wink