3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with click-to-call.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to force an ad to show click to call?  I have click to call set up, and I have enabled the call extension, but the ads seem to only show my site links extensions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem with click-to-call.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello andytaylor;

If the device has no cellular service (e.g. Tablet on WiFi ) the ad will not show a phone number.

Could that be the case?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think that's the problem, because I'm using "Ad Preview and Diagnosis", and it's not showing click to call.  But maybe you're right, I'm not sure whether a click to call would show up in the "Ad Preview and Diagnosis."  I assumed it would, but I guess I'm not sure.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohhh...when you used the tool, did you mark / check the "radio button" for "mobile device with a full browser"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, and I made sure to select a carrier (rather than select "Wi-fi traffic").

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

No..no

I mean: On the preview tool itself (not on campaign settings), under devices you can select: desktops; mobile devices with full browsers and Tablet with full browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's what I'm talking about, too.  See below, which I screen captured from the preview tool . . .

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I think you are targeting "too narrow",  and that could be the reason.

Try, just for testing, to expand carriers and the targeted area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you saying to expand it in the campaign itself, or in the preview tool?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

>>" ...but the ads seem to only show my site links extensions."..

One step backwards: do you see other advertisers' ads shown in the targeted area when using the preview tool? OR no ads are showing at all?