AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with click-to-call.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to force an ad to show click to call?  I have click to call set up, and I have enabled the call extension, but the ads seem to only show my site links extensions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem with click-to-call.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello andytaylor;

If the device has no cellular service (e.g. Tablet on WiFi ) the ad will not show a phone number.

Could that be the case?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think that's the problem, because I'm using "Ad Preview and Diagnosis", and it's not showing click to call.  But maybe you're right, I'm not sure whether a click to call would show up in the "Ad Preview and Diagnosis."  I assumed it would, but I guess I'm not sure.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohhh...when you used the tool, did you mark / check the "radio button" for "mobile device with a full browser"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, and I made sure to select a carrier (rather than select "Wi-fi traffic").

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

No..no

I mean: On the preview tool itself (not on campaign settings), under devices you can select: desktops; mobile devices with full browsers and Tablet with full browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's what I'm talking about, too.  See below, which I screen captured from the preview tool . . .

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I think you are targeting "too narrow",  and that could be the reason.

Try, just for testing, to expand carriers and the targeted area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you saying to expand it in the campaign itself, or in the preview tool?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

>>" ...but the ads seem to only show my site links extensions."..

One step backwards: do you see other advertisers' ads shown in the targeted area when using the preview tool? OR no ads are showing at all?