Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Problem removing negative keywords by posting to AdWords editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

just upgraded to the new AdWords editor v11.1.2. Previously we would import a file to remove negatives using the Removed status. If the negative keyword was there it would be removed, if it was not, nothing would happen. With new version, if the negative keyword does not exist the editor adds it as a new negative keyword - quite the opposite result. Can anyone help us out here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem removing negative keywords by posting to AdWords editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Can't reproduce. In my testing, the existing keyword with Removed status is marked for removal, and the non-existing keyword is silently skipped.

Please fill this form:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/contact/awe_gen

Attach a sample file you are importing, that exhibits this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now you're going to think that I'm really slow. Went to complete the form but cannot enter details into any of the boxes.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying there's some kind of a technical problem that physically prevents you from typing into the boxes? Or that you can type into them, but are unsure what to enter?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is a physical problem entering data. Can't add data to any field. Tried different browsers etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Worked out our to complete the form which I have just submitted. I'd suggest a usability issue but realize that I have no credibility right now