AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Problem Related to Conversion ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if i click an ad but complete my purchase by opening website directly after some time which conversion it counts???   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankush Gupta
September 2015

Re: Problem Related to Conversion ?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ankush

1. In adwords the conversion cookie is 30 days by defauly and now you can customize it up to 90 days. If i click on your ad today and your cookie is set for 30 days. If i come back to your website as direct visitor within 30 days adwords will give attribution to the adwords click which lead to the visit.

2. In Google analytics __utmz cookie which stores your visit source for 180 days will give attribution to adwords as well if purchase is made within 180 days. Because analytics gives attribution to last non direct source.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankush Gupta
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ankush

1. In adwords the conversion cookie is 30 days by defauly and now you can customize it up to 90 days. If i click on your ad today and your cookie is set for 30 days. If i come back to your website as direct visitor within 30 days adwords will give attribution to the adwords click which lead to the visit.

2. In Google analytics __utmz cookie which stores your visit source for 180 days will give attribution to adwords as well if purchase is made within 180 days. Because analytics gives attribution to last non direct source.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
How to set conversion cookie from 30 days to 90 days

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

To change the cookie length go to "Tools and Analysis -> Conversions

Find your in the table on that page and column labelled "conversion window" is what you need to change.

Hope this helps.
Ryan.