1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Price Extension and Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have sitelinks and price extensions active together on the same campaign, which extension will AdWords display?

How does AdWords decide which and when to show any of these two extensions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Price Extension and Sitelinks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Armando,

It's completely depends upon which extension is performing good in your case. It will be Sitelinks i would say, as it perform better than price extension.

However AdWords shows your extensions depending on a number of factors such as:

• Your Ad Rank, which combines your bid, the quality of your ad and landing page, and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats. AdWords requires a minimum Ad Rank (factoring in your extensions) before showing extensions. So, you may need to increase your bid or your ad quality (or both) in order for your extensions to show.
  • The position of your ad on the Google search results page. There’s a limited amount of space available above Google search results for ad extensions, and ads in higher positions get the first opportunity to show extensions.  Ads in lower positions generally won’t have more extensions than ads in higher positions. Plus, the AdWords system generally won’t allow ads in lower positions to get more incremental clicks from extensions than the incremental clicks they’d get from moving up to a higher position. To show ads in higher positions, generally you need to increase your ad quality, bid, or both. Learn more About ad position and Ad Rank.
  • Other extensions you’ve enabled. In each auction, we'll generally show your highest performing and most useful combination of eligible extensions and formats. You will not be able to get a combination of extensions which gives more expected click-through-rate (CTR) than the expected CTR of a higher ad position.

For more, these article will definitely help you.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But they won't show sitelinks and price extension on the same ad right?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Armando M
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google does not disclose that. They can be shown together and might not be shown together. Google does not disclose the formula.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’