4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Previously Linked Google MyBusiness was removed and cannot relink GMB locations

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am using the same login for both our MCC/Adwords account and the Google My Business account for one of our clients.   I have attempted to follow the steps to add (or re-add) the location extensions for this advertiser from their GMB page, but when Ad Extensions ->View Locations Extensions ->  + Extension, I get the option to add locations, but I'm not able to search for ANY locations.

I have attempted to use various filters to try and searches to find the previously linked account, but this is not working.

When I look at the linked GMB locations in the shared library, I see three accounts that have been previously linked, but at some point were removed (they show red x's in their 'status' column).   

As this location data is correct (I don't know why they were removed), I want to re-enable these locations, but I cannot find any way to enable a previously removed GMB location from my adwords/MCC account.

Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I ended up calling Google support on the phone. First, while i was initially hesitant, I was able to get right through to a real person who was able to help me (during their normal EST support hours of course), so I was very impressed by that!

The Google support person had not seen this issue I was experiencing either, but their solution was to remove all of the GMB locations linked to the account, and then try and add them go back and relink those GMB accounts again. Viola! It worked!  Thanks everyone for your help.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jerry Q

The location extensions you are able to create from your MCC is going to be relative to what you have access to in google.com/business.   What do you see when you go there and are logged into the account that owns your MCC?

One possibility could be that the client reclaimed them with their own account. If that's the case, they can make your account a manager of their business listing(s), and then you'll be able to create the proper location extensions.

More details on that here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

There is an AdWords accounts page in the GMB interface. Are there any pending requests?

https://business.google.com/manage/#/adwordsmanage

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your response! 

Yes, I still have access/ownership of these accounts. There are three in fact that are under the same email address as my MCC account; two are for clients (one of which has no idea about GMB) and one is for us.  We/I still have control/ownership of them.

I have full control to edit or publish information to any of them still. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your response. There are no requests and no linked accounts showing up in this dashboard.   

However, the businesses that used to be linked do appear in my locations view and I am able to manage them.  Just unable to connect them (or re-connect) to Adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Hmm... I really don't have an answer for you @Jerry Q. I spent some time last night looking around my accounts, and if I was in the same situation, I don't know what I would do. Smiley Happy Maybe a TC like @MosheTLV might be able to help, or ping someone who can provide some insight? Outside of that, I would say call Google and see what they say.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This sounds as a technical glitch which requires support to "reset".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I ended up calling Google support on the phone. First, while i was initially hesitant, I was able to get right through to a real person who was able to help me (during their normal EST support hours of course), so I was very impressed by that!

The Google support person had not seen this issue I was experiencing either, but their solution was to remove all of the GMB locations linked to the account, and then try and add them go back and relink those GMB accounts again. Viola! It worked!  Thanks everyone for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue but after removing the location data then relinking it and waiting 24 - 48 hours like the support reps told me to do (about 3 times) its still not working. GMB support just keeps transferring me to Adwords, Adwords keeps transferring me to GMB support. It's so frustrating, my client is a furniture store with many locations and those extensions are GOLD for the campaign performance. How can I get a "reset" ???